Chapter 6// Hanging out

After last night speaking with Dylan I decided to avoid him for today. It's just a little weird to me that he is dating one of my classmates. A classmate that I can't stand with that. Well, there's not a definite reason not to like her but its just a vibe I feel with her whenever I'm around her.

I leave for college earlier than usual because I did not wanna risk running into Dylan. There are a few people outside of the college so I decided to sit alone outside to eat my breakfast. I set my bag down then open my paper bag to take out my bagel and orange juice pint. I take a bite of my bagel looking down trying to avoid eye contact as much as possible.

"Boo!" Someone whispers behind me.

I jump high as I quickly turn my head to Chase. I roll my eyes turning my eyes to the front of me. "You're a meanie," I say aloud bringing my straw to lips.

Chase laughs patting my back as he sits next to me. "Did I scare the newbie freshman?" He questioned folding his hands on the table.

I nodded my head, "that you did. I'm trying to eat my breakfast I almost choked on a bite of my bagel."

He shrugs his shoulders, "I know how to do the heimlich. I could have saved you."

I raise my brows taking a bite, "my hero."

Chase clears his throat, "anyway I never seen you here this early so I wanted to ask you something whenever I got the chance to see you and now since I see you." He points to me, "I have a question."

I wipe my mouth with the back of my hand, "okay tell me." I respond bringing my straw to my lips once more.

He breathes out before he speaks, "I wanted to know if you wanted to hang out today? Just the two of us." He let out folding his hands once more turning his body towards me.

I swallowed hard not expecting what he just said. Why me? Out of everyone here. I stammer before I answer, "will we miss study group? I still have to work also."

He shakes his head lightly, "that's okay just text me when your out of work and I'll come pick you up."

"I get out at eight every night."

Chase shrugs his shoulders, "you do your homework during study group dont you?" He questioned.

I nod my head.

"Okay, unless you have a big test coming up that you have to study for when you get home from work then I won't pick you up." He mentions to me.

I sigh, "no I don't so hey your in luck."

That makes Chase smile, "awesome just text me your address and I'll pick you up." After that he bolts away inside the building.

Hmm, I wonder what we'll do.

-----

After first period I eavesdrop Becky on the phone laughing. "Oh, Dylan your so funny." she giggles to herself. I shake in annoyance walking the opposite direction. 

Maybe hanging out with Chase tonight will lift my spirts. Since we have a few extra minutes before the next class I decide to get fresh air outside. Opening the college doors I walk down to sit on the stairs of the buildings.

A few mintues later I hear the door open but I don't bother to look it is proably just another studnet. Until I see someone sit beside me. I turn my head to see Jackie. I smile at her then look back to the sky.

Jackie sighs under her nose, "you look upset. You all right?" She questioned scartching her chin.

I shake my head, "remember that guy that Becky is seeing? Dylan..." I remind her.