Chapter 19// The wedding

It's the day of the wedding. I have been dreading this for about a month now. It's only a couple more weeks till I start showing. The semester is over finally and now no one has to hear that I'm pregnant. The wedding is being held at Chase's parent's hotel. Apparently the hotel is big enough they have had weddings there before. Chase has mentioned that it's more than a hotel it's like a fancy castle.

Well, I am pretty nervous. I have to say my breasts have gotten bigger since I've gotten pregnant. Pretty rad. Tonight at the wedding I'm going to tell Chase about the baby. I know he will probably run off which I completely expected. It doesn't faze me though; my child has everything they need; me Jackie and my parents. I have gotten sick but my mom taught me how to tame it. I never thought being pregnant would make you feel this terrible.

All I really hope is I am going to be a great mother to my child. When I was wide awake at night all I could think about is how I am going to be a mother. I always wanted to be one. To be called "mom" it always brought a smile to my face. I also always thought I would be married first and then become a mom, but you never know what life will throw at you. All I know is I am going to give my all to this kid. I may not be the best mother but I will be the best for them.

I hear a knock on the door, "You ready-" Jackie cuts off as she looks at me head to toe. She scoffs with a smile, "Cas... You look beautiful. You knock Dylan's socks off." She laughs calmly.

I blush patting down my flowy dress since I couldn't wear a tight one since my body is changing. "Thank you. You look very beautiful as well." I grin grabbing my purse.

She giggles, "let's get this show on the road sha'll we?" She questions holding out her arm for me.

I nod, "let's."

-------

The venue looks amazing. There's a big poster of Dylan and Becky which makes my heart sink. The wedding was planned a month later which is right now. I don't know why it was so urgent... They must really love one another. I hear classical music and couples and others walking around chatting to one another. I haven't spotted the bride or groom anywhere. Although I did spot the one guy I was hoping to chat to tonight.

I bump Jackie on the shoulder, "Hey, I found Chase I'm gonna go talk to him." She nodded so I went to grab him before he disappeared.

He was shaking hands with others until he spotted me. It's like he's eyes glowed when he saw me. He was speechless it seemed so I started the conversation.

"Uh, hey. Do you mind if we talk for a second?" i started off.

He shook his head for a second, "oh yeah sure, let's go follow me."

I followed him to an empty room. He sat down as I sat across from him.

"May I just saw you look stunning." He spoke folding his hands together with a small grin.

I smiled, "thank you Chase." I felt sweaty all of a sudden; I am not sure how this conversation is going to play out. "So, I have something to tell you. I don't really know how your going to react."

He moved his seat closer, "what is it? Are you okay?"

I moved my eyeliner to meet his. I guess I should just get straight to it. "I'm pregnant and your the dad." I forced a short laugh.

Just as I expected his whole facial expression changed. He sat back wiping his hands down his shirt to pants. "Pregnant?" He repeated.

I nodded my head, "Yes."

"Wow," he scoffed as he scratched the back of his head. "I was not being expected to be a father so soon." He looked up meeting my eyes shaking his head side to side.

I squeezed my brows together, "you know I'm not the only one at fault here right?"

He scoffed again, "I know that but- I can't be a dad. I have my whole life ahead of me." He spat crossing his arms.

I forced a laugh, "so do I. Look I'm not forcing you to be apart of our child's life I just wanted to let you know. So if you ever decide to be apart of their life you give me a call." I finished as I stood up before I allowed him to say anything else. I felt like to cry but maybe now shouldn't be the time I have to be strong for the little one.

I strolled down the halls. There were so many. I hadn't seen many people walk by which I liked because I needed alone time for a minute.

Abruptly I was grabbed by the arm brought into a room, "hey! What the-" my eyes darted at the man I have been waiting to see all day. He moved his arm over my shoulder closing the door behind us as his eyes met mine. I stared up at him as my hands were gripped onto his forearms. My mouth was parted as my eyes were shifting to his back and forth. I was so confused. I hadn't seen him since a month ago when he proposed. He held me by my arms just staring blankly back at me. Dylan moved one hand to my face cupping my cheek. I swallowed hard staring at his beautiful complexion.

Dylan licked his lips, "I had to see you." He breathed out his nose with a smile. "You look gorgeous." he whispered into me.

I scoffed with a grin. He made my stomach turn so much. "What?" I asked feeling myself become woozy. I haven't felt his touch in months and right now I never want it to stop.

Dylan breathes in then out as he moves himself away from me but keeping our hands intertwined as he grabbed mine. "After you- left me." He breathed in, "I realized something that I thought wasn't there." He questions more than states. "I realized that I just can't live without you Cassandra."

Dylan using my full name made me melt. I only allow Jackie to use it since were best friends.

I go to say something but he cuts me off. "I don't only have feelings for my fiance." He finished finally meeting his eyeline with mine.

My heart was jumping out of this world. I tried to find my breathing. "You," I swallowed hard. "You love me?" I asked in a low calm tone.

Dylan grinned looking down, "I don't."

My forehead wrinkled. What the hell does that mean? I forced a smile hiding how much that just hurt me as I remove my hands from his turning away walking to the door.

I hear Dylan sigh before my hand reaches the door knob he speaks, "wait! God, you are so-" he doesn't finish the sentence as I turn around to face him. I see him shake his head lightly before he walks up to me grabbing me by the waist and immediately connecting his lips to mine. I'm kissing him- were- we're kissing. My hands are out beside me bewildered by this unexpected moment. Finally accepting what's happening I rest my both hands on his shoulders kissing him back. We stop for a breath as I place my lips to his moving one hand to his cheek feeling his moles and scruff. I can't even describe what my heart is doing right now. But the sad truth... I know at the end of the day he isn't mine.

Softly we stopped kissing as our faces were still inches apart. I slowly moved my arms down to his hands. I licked my lips before I spoke, "I- I think you have a wedding to get to now." I mumbled quietly. I took a few steps back until we were out of reach I turned on my heel to the door. My hand gripped the door knob but I stopped when I heard Dylan say those three words.

"I love you."

I felt myself go numb but I knew this was goodbye. I opened the door and closed it and never looked back.

A/N: I hope you enjoyed this chapter!!! This is the end of this part of the story! I really hoped you loved this story :) There will be more chapters to come to this story as the next chapter will be a time jump! SOOOOO The story definitely is not over yet! More to come soon:) Remember to vote and comment!