Chapter 23// The big party

Cas's P.O.V

I got ready for the party; Dylan's party for his film. I am a bit nervous I don't expect what's going to happen when I get there. Will he tell me everything about how he really feels or will he just want my company to feel in another universe where he isn't married for a bit? I sigh under my nose pressing my hands down my light blue jeans with rips. I fix up my laces on my black group top where the laces reveal my stomach but cover my breast and chest. I figured since many superstars are going to be there I know they will be dressed well so I might as well dress like this to somehow fit in. I told everything to Jackie and she instantly wanted to come. I know when she will be with me or at least there I will be fine.

It isn't like I do not know Dylan but I feel it will be awkward especially with his wife not there like that means we can just throw ourselves at each other and the other people won't say anything. Overall I am not one to be with someone who is willing to cheat on their partner. It feels so wrong to even see him behind Becky's back. Although Dylan has mentioned that he does not fully love her still that doesn't make this okay.

I finish up my make putting it away and I walk downstairs where I find Jackie. She must have let herself in and she looks incredible. I smile ear to ear, "you look great Jackie." I observed looking her outfit up and down. Jackie is wearing black ripped jeans with a dark green turtleneck long sleeve. Also with brown boots and a gold long necklace.

My best friend grins, "as do you Cas. Now let's go."

Jackie leads the way to outside where we're going there in a taxi being we know there will be tons of traffic there and neither of us wanted to leave our car there or find somewhere to park. She and I get in the taxi as I look back at my home. Ally is with my parents tonight I told them about the party and they said for me to go and I told them if it's too much trouble I'll stay home but they both insisted that I go.

------

Jackie breathed out turning her head toward me looking away from out the window. "So, what do you think is going to happen tonight? Why do you think he invited you?"

I myself wondered why he invited me for the whole night. It kept me up actually took me like fifty minutes to fall asleep. Does he have something he has to tell me? I sincerely doubt it because we spoke the other day just at my place he could have said it there. I was beginning to think if it was silly to still think he and I have a chance. All those years of not hearing from him or even thinking about him seemed to be the greatest years of my life. It was just Ally and me. Sure I tried to get with some guys to see if it would work but it really didn't. I always made sure Ally was comfortable which she said she was but it just felt weird and wrong for some reason. This leads to the point that no other man can fill my heart the way Dylan can.

I shrug my shoulders my lips squeezing to a thin line before I part them, "I don't really know actually. Maybe he wants company." I brushed off looking at the window.

I hear her snicker, "I'm sure there will be loads of people there to keep him company Cas. He obviously still isn't over you." 

I let those words wander in my head for a little. It's true though. I always wonder if he even thought about me once over the five years of not speaking to each other. I wish I knew what was going through his head.

-------

We made it to the party about forty minutes later and as I said it was beyond packed. Jackie and I stood together until she found one of her favorite music artists there and took the opportunity to speak with her. I told her it was okay that she can go. I shot Dylan a text but it didn't go through. Damn service her is crap. I blew out a frustrated breath. Where the hell was he.