Chapter 17// Too late

I have been staying at Jackie's place after I told my parents what happened between Dylan and I and how I couldn't bear to stay there. Thankfully they understood and respected my wishes. My mother told me that I would fall for my roommate and though I did not like that she was right but she was right. The thing is you can't really tell on the first hand whether you'll have feelings for someone or not. If someone would have told me I would end up falling for Dylan I would have laughed it off, because even then it seemed ludicorus.

Now I have been feeling sick for the past few days and we can't seem to figure out why. I chose to ignore it and take medication because I was already feeling blue with the whole Dylan situation. This semseter ends this week which I am glad for because I can go back home for a bit. Well, I'm not sure if I can because I still work over here and I do not want to drive here and there to work everyday. So in the meantime Jackie and I have come up with a plan which I will have to adjust to but I think we can make it work.

"Okay, so you will be giving me rent double more than what you were paying Dylan." Jackie spoke waving the pen around.

I sat there my mouth glued shut staring back at her.

Jackie started to laugh, "no I'm only kidding I wouldn't do that. But if you want to permantly live here well. As you can see it's sort of a one bedroom aparemtment so you could have a bed here in the living room or we can share the room and I'll have to get a smaller bed and I can't say that Benny won't sleep on your bed at some point because well he is already used to you so your practically apart of this family." she paused smiling petting Benny. "we will have to food shop a lot more. Maybe help pay for the wifi? I mean since we both need it for school."

I nodded my head looking down. I agreed with everything she was saying but my head was just in a different spot right now.

"You okay?" She aksed putting down the pen and paper.

I shook my head, "I miss him. Is that bad? And he called but I'm glad you picked up because I don't know what I would have said. And he had the nerve to say he cared about why I was sick? He practically tossed me to the curb the last time he and I spoke." I hissed crossign my arms sitting back on the couch.

Jackie sighed, "I know what he did was really shitty but. I don't want to jump to conclusions but when I did speak to him over the phone it did sound like he really-really cared about you. And not just "oh I hope she's okay blah blah" no it was like he reached into that itty-bitty soul that he has left and realized beneath himself was a very special place for you. It just took him a while to realize it. So what I'm trying to say is... Don't let go so quickly it's obvious you still care for him. I can see it right now you are wondering what he is doing right now. So he's a phone call away Cassandra. A phone call away."

I heard everything she said it even made a tear fall. I wiped it away sniffling snickering a sly laugh, "I have to get to work." I spoke standing up grabbing my purse as I walk to the front door and leave.

-------------

The job today has been a slow day. Classes today were cut short since it's the end of the semester. I'm glad because I've been feeling naucious all morning. I seriously should check up with a doctor. My parents don't even know that I feel a bit unwell. As I stare down at the cash register I hear the front door to the pizzera groove open with bells jingling that's attacthed just up top. My eyes move slowly to the group walking in as they fall on Dylan. I feel my body tense up as my heart falls to my stomach. But who was right beside him hand in hand was no other than Becky. It was odd though because Dylan and I hadn't looked away from one another though I decided to do it first.

"Hey, waiter? Waiter? Can we have our order taken?" Becky giggles loudly with Dylan's arm wrapped around her tiny waist.

I roll my eyes as one of my co-workers greet them handing Dylan and Becky's parents her brother and others I didn't know menus. I assume they chose to pay at the end of their meal. What a long day it's going to be. I couldn't stop looking over there as Dylan's back was towards me. Did he not want to look me in the eye? He just did when he enetered. Ugh I hate this I feel like I should hate him but I can't. I believe I can never hate him.

------------

Oh, man that sick feeling was coming up again. Maybe I can fight it. I feel like I have to spy on them a little longer since they finished there food. If Dylan comes up to pay maybe I can grab him aside so we can talk. No, I can't.

"Oh, hey. Can you watch the register Phil I don't feel too good." I spoke in a whisper.

"Yeah, yeah sure go ahead." He responded taking my spot.

I patted him on the back walking to the back to the employee bathroom. I was holding my stomach pacing to the ladies room. As I opened it closing it behind me I fell to my knees in front of the toilet. I started to breathe heavily hoping I can avoid vomitting on the job. I brought one hand to my forehead rubbing it as I breathed in and out. Gosh, what is happening to me? I'm I literally love sick?

Couple of minutes passed as I realized I zoned out completly forgetting I ever had to vomit. Thankfully. I grabbed onto the sink lifting myself up as I jumped when I heard cherring and shouts out from the front. That's weird. I opened the door making my way to the front. I saw people clapping and cherring. I squeezed my brows together as I walked up to Phil who was clapping slowly.

"Hey, what happened?" I asked forcing a laugh.

He turned his head to me, "Oh, that guy just proposed to his girlfriend."

I followed his finger as they landed on Dylan and Becky. I felt my whole body go numb, my face fell unable to believe I'll ever be able to smile again. Dylan held Becky like he never loved any other person in the world. But I was right here.

I felt myself tearing up but fighting every urge.

Phil moved his head to my eyeline as his face fell with realization, "Oh my. Was that him?"

I let the tear fall as I looked up at the man I thought I once knew hugging his soon to be wife, "Yup... That's him."

A/N: ahhhh I hope you enjoyed this chapter!!!! Remember to vote and comment!