Chapter 24//You want the truth huh?

Dylan's P.O.V

I strolled down the long hallway to my home after leaving the party after an hour. I just couldn't stay there after what Cas said. All those things she said... She isn't wrong. I feel horrible now more than I did telling her I loved her then allowing her to leave me for five years. The fact that she said none of it must matter because I'm famous and she's just an average girl.

I huffed a short breath reaching my living room tossing my coat on the couch. That's where I find my wife in her pink slick pajamas with an article showed on her iPad with her hand on her hip. She doesn't look too pleased. I sigh looking back at her. Well I know I'm in for it yet again by another woman. Yay me.

"What is this?" Becky questions zooming in on the article.

"Dylan O'Brien cheated on his wife with his early twenties mistress telling her he loves her on his wedding?"

I roll my eyes. The media gets everything so fast and twists it up it makes me sick.

She scoffs putting the iPad down on the table crossing her arms over her chest. I feel terrible with the way she's looking at me. I know she has been nothing but loyal throughout our whole relationship for six years.

Becky begins to shake her head, "please explain. What is this article saying? Is any of it true? How can you tell another woman you love them on our wedding day." She breathed out in frustration before continuing her argument. "With- with Cas? I thought- well I hoped you didn't feel anything for her because you two are just friends and you guys haven't contacted one another in five years. What was she even doing at that party?"

Well, I guess I can't hide it any longer, "yes. I did..." I breathe out a sharp breath, "I told her that I loved her on our wedding day. She just I saw her arrive and I dragged her into the room." I pause to see if she's listening and she is. The pain in her eyes can put a hole through my chest. "And I  was telling her that after she moved out of my home that I felt like I lost a piece of myself I didn't realize was there until it was gone. I also told her that I don't have feelings for just you." This time I look up at her making direct eye-contact.

Becky tries to hide her pain but I can see it all over her face as she bites her quivering lip. "So, I guess that statement is still valid today? Huh, Dylan?" She stops hiding her sadness and a tear rolls down her cheek. "Dylan- I cannot do infidelity" My wife sobs.

I shake my head slowly rushing over to her grabbing her hands in mine. "Becky it's not like that at all okay? That was five years ago."

She sniffles softly staring past my shoulder not daring to look me in the eye, "What else happened that day?"

My shoulders slump as I think back to when Cas and I shared our first kiss. "We kissed and then after that, I told her I loved her, and then she left without giving me one more glance or even saying another word and that was it. I promise Becky."

The sad woman standing in front of me still doesn't want to look at me. I don't blame her I have been hiding this for five years.

"Well, tell me do you still love her?" She looks at me this time with anger and disappointment in her eyes.

I didn't know how to answer that without lying. All those things Cas said of rubbing my relationship in front of her while I might have had some idea that she had feelings for me was a dick move. After inviting her to the party and seeing that guy grabbing her and dancing with her I never felt so much rage in my life. And for someone who isn't even my wife. I also couldn't stop thinking about how Becky said she can't find anyone else to love because she still loves me.

I realized that I haven't said anything for about a minute but before I can speak Becky backs away, "well you let me know what's going on in your head. I'll be in my room I don't want to see you so please find somewhere else to sleep for the night. I'm already upset as it is." with that she walks away to our bedroom closing the door with a small slam.