Part 6

Chanyeol drove through the city, weaving in and out of the traffic. He was not in a good mood. Why had he bothered to go and pick her up when she was just going to be rude and refuse his offer? It wasn't like she was unaware he was taking her home. He was only doing it because he felt guilty for reversing into her car. She was ungrateful. He was wasting his time being nice.

Haeun had asked him to come over to her place. Things were frosty and awkward between them but Chanyeol wanted to make an effort. He liked to think he was a sweet boyfriend. Stopping off at the gas station, he bought her some beautiful flowers: roses, lilies and lilacs. Chanyeol moved swiftly through the gas station as he didn't want anyone to recognise him. He pulled his black face mask on but he knew he stood out because he was taller than the average Korean man.

Luckily, no one saw him and he managed to pay without problems or hassle. When he got to Haeun's building, he rang the bell and she invited him up. Hiding the flowers behind his back, he felt a sense of nervous anticipation before she opened the door.

"Hi," she said as she forced a smile.

He leaned in to kiss her but she shied away from his affections. Why was she being frosty?

"Come in, Chanyeol," she said. She couldn't be less animated as she tried. He held out the flowers, smiling and she saw them. There was no thanks or no praise: she simply took them from him and placed them clumsily on the kitchen counter. He sat down on one of the breakfast table chairs whilst she poured him some tea.

"I think you know what I'm about to say," she began as she rustled around in the cupboards. Chanyeol felt numb to her words.

"I'm moving away. I'm moving to California to stay with my cousin." The air was thick with tension. She had mentioned that she wanted to move to San Francisco to be with her cousin before but he never thought she would act on it. It still came as a shock to him that she was actually going through with it. Even though they had only been dating for a short while, he felt like he had developed an attachment to her.

Chanyeol suddenly began to feel an intense anger brewing inside of him. Without warning, he stood up and snatched the flowers from the table and threw them aggressively at the wall. Why was everything going wrong? He knew he didn't want to spend the rest of his life with Haeun but it didn't mean he didn't enjoy her company and affections.

"Chanyeol..." she said as she tried to calm him.

He looked at her, shook his head and sighed.

"I guess this is it then?" He began, softly.

She shrugged her shoulders at him.

"I mean, I would like for us to stay friends?" she replied as she went to touch his shoulder.

Chanyeol knew there was no use in being angry with her. She had every right to move away and she wasn't trying to be hurtful towards him. At least she was going to end the relationship whilst it was relatively good instead of trying to drag it out until all but embers struggled to burn in the ashes. Still, he couldn't help but feel disappointment.

"Of course," he replied with a heavy heart. He apologised for throwing the flowers on the ground and tried to salvage whatever was left of them. She told him it would be ok and hugged him. Chanyeol grabbed on tight, burying his head in her shoulders, taking in her scent for one last time.

* * *
There was no questioning that Baekhyun's vocals would be perfect. He made no mistakes. She liked that about him. Every time he recorded his parts, he would sing like an angel and then somehow there would be a burst of raw sexuality from no where. It made her blush. There seemed to be two sides to Baekhyun: innocent Baekhyunnie and smouldering Baek.