Part 18

As I had imagined, going into work was not exactly pleasant. Keeping my composure around EXO was incredibly difficult.

Chanyeol knew there was something wrong. He had called me in the morning and left me a voice message.

"Good morning beautiful; it's Chanyeol. I am sorry for letting you down last night. I had to pick something up for my schedule. Errrrm...Can I make it up to you? Let's go to Wolmido Island and make sandcastles. There's an arcade there too so it would be super fun.... I am really sorry, please... don't be angry. Looking forwards to seeing you later? Ok.... I don't know what else to say so...bye starshine."

The cheek of him to say it was for his schedule. Like fuck it was.

Despite needing to remain professional, I simply couldn't. Thundering around the room with a glum look on my face caused people to notice that I was in a foul mood.

"Are you ok?" Baekhyun asked softly as he was sucking on a lollipop. I couldn't look him in the eyes knowing that he didn't know the truth. I had betrayed him and it felt bad.

Jongin also tried to jump in but I wasn't in the mood for him either. Every time Chanyeol tried to make a face at me I turned away: he knew I was upset with him.

When Wae called him over, he flung himself off the couch and stomped over to the studio like a petulant child, sulking as he pulled his beanie over his eyes. I busied myself on my MacBook. He wasn't going to get a reaction out of me.

"Can you come and show me the way to the bathroom please?" came an unusually soft voice.

Sehun.

"Down the hall. On the left," I bluntly replied knowing full well that he didn't need to pee; Chanyeol had told him to speak to me. I wasn't falling for it.

"What a shame I don't know my left from my right," he shrugged with a growing grin on his face.

I rolled my eyes at him.

"This way," I said as I pushed chair from my desk and sighed.

Sehun had to move quickly to keep up with me as I passed through the doors like a tropical storm, slamming the doors and kicking the bin out of the way with the side of my foot. I finally stopped outside of the men's toilet.

"There," I spat as I gestured to the door.

Sehun ran his hands through his hair and put his hand in his long coat.

"What has he done to deserve this attitude?" he bluntly asked.

Rolling my eyes, I nearly spat at Sehun.

"Don't play dumb, Oh Sehun, you know what he's done."

Sehun chewed his lip as if he was thinking carefully about something.

"Haeun."

I nodded, partly to indicate he was correct and partly to shake the crystal tears that were welling up inside of my eyes.

"He went to pick up stuff from there. She's moving to San Francisco. What's the big deal?"

"The big deal?! He lied. That's the big deal. He said it was part of his schedule. Why didn't he tell me the truth? Why did he have to lie to me Sehun? What else is he hiding?"

My knees buckled from under me, tears of despair tumbling down my flushed cheeks. Sehun caught me and brought me into his arms and cuddled me tightly.

"I wish I knew what to say but I don't. I told him he should tell you. It's just he is an insec- oh..."

"Sehun! Why are you holding her????" came the confused voice of Baekhyun as he stood open-mouthed. It looked as if he had just seen a ghost.