Part 13

As predicted, I was left alone with the other boys within half an hour of arriving at their apartment. Chae and Jongin made themselves scarce and snuck off to Jongin's room to do only goodness knows what.

To say it was awkward was an understatement. I sat on their couch, nervously tapping my phone whilst staring at the floor. Minseok, Sehun and Baekhyun sat around me, staring and not saying anything: I felt like an animal in a zoo being watched.

"I'm sorry," began Junmyeon as he came over with a beer for me. "They're not normally so rude staring at our guests!"

"We're not staring, we are just being friendly with her!" Baekhyun replied, winking at me.

"I think you're way past that stage, Baekie," Minseok purred suggestively at his hyung. Baekhyun slightly blushed and shoved Minseok in the shoulder, causing him to topple off the arm of the chair and onto the floor. Junmyeon put his hands in his head, obviously embarrassed by the actions of the two boys. Sehun rolled his eyes and took a swig of his beer.

"What's going on?" came the deep, honey tones of Chanyeol as he waltzed into the room. For the millionth time, it was as if everything froze. My eyes wandered across his body: he wore tight black jeans, which were ripped at the knees, and a tight black t shirt that clung to his muscles. Instead of his usual beanie hat, Chanyeol had styled his blonde hair, showing off his undercut. He had his thick, silver Rolex Daytona watch perched elegantly on his sturdy wrist and a range of silver rings across his fingers. After drinking in his body, I looked into his eyes and was instantly bewitched by him.

"Loey!" Minseok squealed as he writhed around on the floor. "Save me from Baekie!"

Baekhyun was about to dive onto Minseok but when he saw Chanyeol come over, he smoothly sat down very close next to me. Too close.

"Oh," Chanyeol said as he looked at me, trying hard to disguise the faint smile that was beginning to curl at the side of his lips. "You're here."

Yes of course I'm bloody here, I was invited. Idiot.

"Hi," I replied. I didn't know what else to say without sounding stupid. He was making me lose all control of my senses with how delicious he looked. I carried on tapping my phone nervously, running my nails up and down like I was doing some ASMR.

"I see you have got yourself settled then. You've got a beer and you've got Baekhyun. Maybe we should just go out and leave you to it?" Chanyeol uttered sarcastically. He knew what he was doing: he was trying to wind me up about Baekhyun. Sehun nearly choked on his beer in response.

"I'm sure Baekhyun would agree we are looking forward to going out to a nice bar, actually. We've been cooped up in the studio so an evening out sounds pretty good." I said as I raised my brows to Chanyeol: touché, idiot.

"Well, I mean if you want to stay..." began Baekhyun as he turned towards me.

"No! It's a good idea if we all go out," Junmyeon interrupted. Thank God that Junmyeon was there to diffuse the situation. I couldn't imagine anything more awkward than staying behind with Baekhyun whilst thoughts of Chanyeol played through my head like a record stuck in a groove.

"What are we waiting for then?" Chanyeol said as he sat opposite me as he perched on the table. His legs were spread wide and he knitted his fingers together, playing with one of his rings in a way that was extremely suggestive. Damn.

"Well let's finish our beers first," Sehun replied as he shook his beer in Chanyeol's face.

"Ahhh, you're no fun, Sehun-ah! Where's my beer?"