Part 14

He was still holding my wrist as he led me through the back of the bar and through the kitchen. The staff didn't even bat an eyelid to us diverting through: they must have been used to this sort of thing happening frequently. We emerged into the cool evening air and I noticed the stars were twinkling like diamonds in velvet night sky.

"Come on, it's not far," Chanyeol said as he let go of my wrist and beckoned for me to follow him. He began to briskly walk in front of me and it was difficult to keep up with him because of his long strides. Damn his long legs.

Thousands of thoughts slushed around in my head. It felt like a snow globe that had been shaken, ideas floating around like the tiny pieces of blizzard. Where is he taking me? What is he going to show me? What will everyone think?

He was leading me away from the bars and to the park that was nestled on the edge of the river. The lights of the skyscrapers and buildings were reflected in the mirror of the water and the park had many golden string lights hanging from lamppost to lamppost: it looked magical. Chanyeol walked near a group of trees and bent down to go under them, passing through a cluster of shrubs which formed a sort of tunnel of greenery. At the end of this tunnel was an opening, around ten feet wide, which over looked the panorama of the city. It was incredibly beautiful and concealed, keeping us away from prying eyes.

"This!" Chanyeol said as he opened his arms and looked up into the sky, smiling. "Isn't it peaceful?"

"It's wonderful," I replied. "How did you find it?"

"Junmyeon showed it to me. He used to live in one of the apartments over there," he said as he pointed to one of the posh looking buildings on the edge of the park.

"Oh wow, they're expensive. Imagine living somewhere that overlooks this: living the life of luxury."

"I don't need luxury. I just want to be happy," Chanyeol replied as he brushed his hands through his undercut.

I burst out with drunken laughter.

"Oh my god, are you having a laugh?! Look at that Rolex on your wrist, Chanyeol. It's got to be worth more than my yearly salary! And your big Mercedes Idiot Mobile G Wagon. Pffft. You don't need luxury my ass.."

A smile curled at his lips as he walked closer to me. Our bodies were practically touching and I tilted my head up to look at him properly.

"This is not happiness," he said as he jangled the watch in front of my face. I could smell his cologne on his wrists and it sent a shock of delight through my veins.

"If you don't want it, I'll gladly have it and sell it on. That'd pay my rent for a few years..." I replied as I went to grab it.

He rolled his eyes at me, turning away for a second before looking back. He gently put his hands on my shoulders and carefully squeezed.

"Why can't you just relax? You're always so uptight. Calm down. I'm trying to be serious and you're making jokes."

I carried on looking at him, not knowing what to say as I was too busy getting lost in his eyes. I didn't flinch at him touching me so intimately. His fingers began to creep from my shoulders up to my neck and he started playing with my hair, rubbing the nape of my neck with his delicate fingers. Automatically I could feel my lips being pulled to his like magnets drawn together. I closed my eyes ready to kiss him, anticipating his soft touch when our lips met.

"Do you like me?" he asked abruptly.

I paused for a second to try and collect my thoughts but it didn't work. The words left my mouth before I could even consider what to say.