an explanation(edited)

The four kids just stared back at the two men in front of them. What in the world were they talking about, there was no possible way that Peter Pettigrew was in the room, they had to be lying.

"You're both mental!" Ron once again voiced what they were all thinking.

"This is Ridiculous" Hermione stated

"Pettegriew is dead!" Harry said

"Yeah you told me yourself professor Lupin that he killed him!"Daisy pointed at Black, the mans eyes flickered over to her and he looked deeply disheartened.

"I meant to" he growled "but the little rat got the better of me.....not this time though!"

Black lunged forward at Ron with his arms stretched out in front of him. The ginger boy yelled in fear but luckily Lupin was able to hold him back and pull him back.

"Sirius NO" He kept his arms tightly wrapped around him until he calmed down "wait, you can't just do it like that they need to know we have to explain"

"We can explain afterwards" Sirius hissed trying to get out of Lupins hold.

"They have a right to know and you know it! Ron had kept as a pet for twelve years! there are still some parts of the story that even I don't understand! And the twins. You owe Harry and Daisy the truth Siri"

Black had stopped struggling against his friend though his eyes were still firmly fixed on Scabbers, there was a moment of silence where Sirius seemed to space out until he turned his head back to Lupin and softly nodded.

"All right then" Remus said "tell them whatever you want but make it quick Remus, I want commit the murder I was imprisoned for......"

"Harry can we please just go I really don't like this"

"I'm with you Daisy those two are nutters" Ron said, he grabbed Daisy hand and began to limp towards the door, taking Daisy with him. The other two were about to follow but Lupin had jumped forward and grabbed Daisy by the wrist.

"Ah! Ron!"

Remus' face fell when Faisy screamed, it hurt him greatly to know that his own goddaughter was afraid of him.

"Not so fast you two are going to stay here and hear us out" Lupin said.

Ron pulled on Daisy's wrist to get it out of Lupins hold and hugged her tightly so her back was towards Lupin.

"Just keep a tight grip on Pete Ron"

"HE'S NOT PETER, HE IS SCABBERS" the boy yelled at them, trying to stuff the rat pack in his pocket but scabbers was fighting to much.

"There were witnesses that saw petteigrew die" Harry began "A whole street full of them"

"They didn't see what they thought they saw!" Black shouted.

"Everyone thinks that Sirius killed Peter" Lupin said "I believe it myself until I saw the map tonight. The map never lies so that must mean that Peter is alive and Ron is holding him"

Harry and Ron locked eyes both agreeing silently that these men were both out of their minds. In their minds their theory made no sense at all. How could Scabbers be Peter petteigrew?Then Hermione spoke in a trembling voice.

"But profesor Lupin it can't be true, Scabbers can't Petteigrew, it just can't be true"

"But why can't it be true?"

"Because people would know if Peter Petteigrew was an Animagus. We learnt about animagi in class in transfiguration class and I looked them up in the library when I did my homework, the ministry keeps tabs on witches and wizards who can become Animagus, there is a register showing what animal they become and there have only been seven animagi this century and Peter name was not on the list"