Peter(edited)

"well hello Peter" Lupin said in a sarcastically pleased tone "long time, no see"

"S-Sirius R-Remus......my old friends" The small man nervously stuttered out.

"We've been having a little chat about what happened the night Lily and James died. You might have missed it while squeeking around down there"

"Remus you don't believe him do you....He tried to kill me"

Peter raised his finger to point at Sirius and the children noticed that he had used his middle finger since his index finger was missing.

"No one's going kill you until we've sorted a few things out"

"Sorted things out?" He squealed, his eyes flickering to the door "I knew he would escape to try and kill me with all the tricks the dark lord must have taught him" Black let out a menacing laugh that caused Daisy to hide behind Harry.

"Voldemort teach me tricks?"

Peter flinched as through black had hit him with a whip.

"What scared to hear your old masters name, I don't blame you he won't be very happy with you"

"No idea-what your talking about-Sirius, you don't believe him do you Sirius" His breathing grew faster than ever and his eyes kept darting to the door.

"I must admit Peter I have difficulty in understanding why an innocent man would want to spend twelve years as a rat" Said Lupin.

"Innocent but scared!" He tried to defend "Voldemort's supporters would be after me for putting on of their best spy's in prison"

"How dare you. I, a spy for Voldemort?" Black said sounding scandalised.

"Professor Lupin" Hermione stepped forward "Can-can I say something?"

"Certainly Hermione"

"Well.....this man.....has been sleeping in Harry's dorm for three years, wouldn't have tried to hurt harry before now?"

"There!" Peter said shrilly pointing at Hermione "Thank you! you see, Remus?I would never hurt a hair on Harry's head or Daisy's for that matter"

"I'll tell you why!" Black shouted "Because you never do anything unless there is something in it for you and you weren't about to just kill the twins when Dumbeldore is around"

Petteigrew opened his mouth and closed it again not knowing what to say.

"Er-Mr black-Sirius?"

Black jumped at being addressed like that it was something he had long forgotten.

"If you don't mind me asking, how did you break out of Azkaban?"

"Thank you!" Pettigrew exclaimed "Exactly what I-"

Pettrigrew stopped mid sentence upon seeing the two men glare at him.

"I don't know how I did it, I think the only reason I never lost my mind was that I knew I was innocent that wasn't a happy thought so the dementors couldn't take it from me....I slipped past them as a dog and was thin enough to slip through the bars and have been living in the forest ever since, I went to your quidditch matched though Harry, you fly just as well as your father"

Sirius turned to look at Harry and Daisy when said the last sentence, Harry looked back at him for a split second and couldn't help the smile tugging at the corner of his lips.

"Believe me twins, I never betrayed your parents. I would have died before I betrayed them" Sirius said sincerely.

And at long last, Harry nodded his head and finally accepted his godfathers story, Sirius smiled and shifted his gaze to Daisy who was leaning into her brothers side and looking up at the man, still with fear in her eyes.