Chapter 3

"I'm not going to school today." Charlotte said and I turned to look at her,asking myself whether she was mad or not.

"Are you insane?" I asked.

"I won't stay here dummy. I'm going somewhere else."

"Is it the same place you were last night?"

"Just because I managed to tell you doesn't mean you should be prying."Charlotte answered rudely.

"I'm just asking as a sister that I am." Her mood swings were so annoying.

"Well don't ask. And by the way,please remove what you are wearing, its horrible. If you need clothes,come to my room and ask." she said and with those words she left.

I didn't have time for her bullshit and left the house....

As I was walking to school,I saw the pretty blonde girl that approached me yesterday. What was her name again...ummmm...yes,Samantha.

She was with some other girls and I decided to approach her.
"Hi Samantha remember me?" I asked. Instead of getting a reply,her friends started laughing.

"Ummm,what's so funny?" I was kind of confused.

"Hey Samantha,don't tell me you know this girl." said one of the girls with Samantha. She was quite pretty with nice curves.

"Just take a look at her dress. Is your bed outside or what?"said her other friend.

"I don't know what she's talking about. I don't know her from anywhere." said Samantha. I felt like breaking down.

"What do you mean by that? You approached me yesterday. Don't you remember ?" I said,hoping that maybe she had forgotten and that gave me hope. She must have forgotten.

"Please let's go guys. I don't know what she's talking about." She said to them and turned to me."Sorry girl but you must have mistaken me for someone else. Sorry."she said and left with them.

"I was scared. How could you be friends with that girl?" I heard one of them say as they went.

What was wrong with my dress? I took a look at the dress.

I knew it was bad,but it wasn't my fault. Dad never bought good clothes for me. He always bought for Charlotte and that was why she was good at dressing. I held in my tears and left for school.

I arrived at school and got many stares. I pretended I didn't see anything and went on my merry way. I wanted to look for Samantha. I knew she remembered me but didn't want to admit it. Well....who could blame her? I thought again and decided not to waste my time. I would just embarrass myself the more. I was free again today and went to the library to read. I really took my education seriously.  I wanted to become a successful business woman. I didn't want to depend on my father for any money or whatsoever. My free period lasted for two hours before I left for class.

"So you attend this school? I've never seen you before." I heard someone say and the voice was familiar and I remembered where I heard that voice.

"Hey Samantha,don't tell me you know this girl."

I stopped and turned around.

"Yes I attend here. Any problem?" I said smiling. I was trying to be friendly.

"Why are you smiling at me? Do I look like a lesbian?" she said and looked down at my dress. People like this were the kind of people I tried avoiding. They always wanted trouble. I didn't even know her name.

I didn't want any trouble and walked out on her. Surprisingly,she didn't call me back and I was relieved. I saw Samantha along the hall. She looked at me and quickly looked away. I didn't know if she felt guilty or she didn't just want me to embarrass her. Again, I didn't blame her. Who would want to be with me? I didn't want to think about such things now.

"Sylvia,never live your life to please someone else. No one is perfect. And always believe in God because he is the Almighty and Supreme. He loves us and would do anything for us."

Those were the words Mum would always say. She would always preach about God.
The Lord the Lord the Lord. I was already tired of hearing about the Lord. If he really 'loved us' then I wouldn't be going through this kind of life. I stopped believing in God ever since Mom died.

I left the school even though I was not done with my classes. I wanted to go home and sleep. On my way home,I saw an ice cream stand and went to buy myself some ice-cream. I hadn't eaten since last night and was happy when I realized I had some money on me that Charlotte had lent me days ago. I bought my ice cream and headed straight home.

From afar, I could hear the police siren ringing loudly and the sound was actually coming from my house. When I finally arrived there,I saw Charlotte on a stretcher.

"Charlotte!!" I screamed as I ran towards the stretcher.

"Madam,please leave the scene." A policeman said to me.

"Please sir what happened?! I want to know what happened! I screamed.

Tears were already coming out from my eyes. I couldn't lose Charlotte. Although we fought almost everyday, I still loved her as my little sister.

"I'm sorry young lady but there was a brutal shootout that occurred not too long ago." The policeman finally answered.

"What do you mean by that?" he had to explain it in full details."Who shot who? Who shot  her? Who shot my sister?! Please answer me." I could not control the tears as they flowed out. Why was I always a victim of bad luck?

"Young lady I would appreciate it if you moved out of the way."

"No!! Who did this?!" As I was screaming, I noticed my dad come out of the house on a stretcher too.

It was him. It was him who killed Charlotte.

"It was him right?" I asked,pointing towards my Dad. "It was that monster right?" It had to be him,who else.

"Young lady,please..." Those were the last words I heard before I drifted into complete darkness.

If you love this story please hit the star button so that I would be inspired to update often. Please I need encouragement. Just trying my luck. Love you all❤💖. You could also comment and express what you think about the story but please no negative vibes. Thank you.
God bless you all.