Chapter 4

Thanks for the 100+ reads guys. You have encouraged me. But I would also love votes and comments too. Please support me.
This chapter is dedicated to @this place is amazing. My first vote and first follower. Thank you because you have encouraged me.

I woke up and saw a white ceiling. I looked around and realized that I was in the hospital. There was a drip on my hand connected to a kind of monitor that was beside my bed but I didn't know what it was. I sat up and started to remove the drip when a doctor came in.

"I want to go out now." I said as I successfully removed the drip from my hand.

"Miss,you shouldn't be doing that." the doctor said and he was looking quite angry but I didn't care and left the room to go and look for my sister.

Where was this new confidence coming from?

I didn't even know where I was going. I didn't know where she was. I barged into a room and surprisingly,I saw her. There were many items on her body and all I could do was cry. Who did this?

"That's her." said a voice as I turned around. It was the doctor that was with me and he was with other nurses.

"No!!! Leave me alone!" I was screaming like a mad child. I didn't know what they put in my body,but I felt a sharp object enter me as I drifted off........

I woke up and felt a sharp pain in my head. I could tell time had already passed because I looked outside the window and everywhere was dark.

How long had I been asleep?

A doctor was standing beside my bed and observing me closely. I noticed it was the same doctor I had seen before.

"You should really learn how to control yourself miss." Said the doctor.

"Please,let me see her." I said and started crying again. I was tired of this life. If Charlotte died,no one would be with me anymore. If she died,I would kill myself.

"Please,I'm okay. I just want to see my sister." I said as I sat up.

"She has gained consciousness now,but you need help yourself."

"What? She's alive?" I could not contain the joy in me once I heard what he said. I suddenly started smiling again.

"Please let me see her. I promise I will behave myself. I will behave myself." I begged. I had to see her. The doctor was looking at me with....I don't know. Maybe pity or confusion. His eyes were had to read.

"You may see her because she asked of you. She said she wants to see you. You are Sylvia right?"

"Yes yes. That's me." I replied.

"Follow me then." he said and helped me with the drip on my hand. I got up and followed him. Though I already knew where she was. The doctor opened the door and I quickly ran to her.

"Only five minutes." the doctor said and left us. I looked at Charlotte.

"Charlotte. Oh my God,I thought I would lose you." I said smiling. All of a sudden,tears were coming out of Charlotte's eyes and the look on her face wasn't good.

"Sylvia please run away! Run!"

What was she saying?

"What do you mean?" I was confused.

"They are coming for you Sylvia. They are going to kill you. He killed Dad and he almost killed me. Run while you still can!" Charlotte said as more tears were coming out of her eyes. She was still crying and she suddenly started vibrating. There was a weird 'beeeppp' sound that was coming from the monitor.

"What's going on?! Doctor! Doctor!"

Two nurses came in. One attended to Charlotte while one drove me out.
"You need to leave miss." the nurse said as she took me downstairs to the reception and I sat down. I couldn't move. I was paralyzed. I had to obey because if I wanted them to save her,I had to let them do their job.

What kind of life was I living? I didn't do anything wrong but why was my life so messed up. I wanted to go home and sleep but I didn't know the way back home. I didn't know how I got here.

"I will stay here and be by Charlotte's side." I said to myself. Thinking about it,I didn't want to go home. I guessed that the police may still be investigating the crime and may have blocked anyone from entering the house. Right now,I really wanted to get my mind off this whole nightmare and slept off.

Charlotte's POV

I was staring at the ceiling....wondering. After Sylvia was here and the nurses had attended to me,I couldn't sleep. I couldn't believe father. He was a monster. How could he do this? I pitied Sylvia now because she was the real one at stake here. She had really gone through a lot...now this. Sylvia was my elder sister but I often disrespected her. I regretted it now. She was very weak and I knew she could not go through this on her own. I knew I would die very soon and I knew that she would kill herself once she finds out I'm dead. The pain was unbearable and I knew I would not survive and tears came out from my eyes.

"All my dreams,gone and shattered." I said and that made me cry the more. My dreams of becoming a famous actress were gone. I had lost all hope. My whole life had gone to waste.

"Leave my daughter out of this,she has nothing to do with this." Dad said.

Dad was such a coward. I hated and despised him even more. I continued crying,for the fact that my life would soon end. I didn't want to leave this world. Though I had gone through a lot,my dreams always kept me going. I was one year close to achieving my dream.....but I would soon die. But I made up my mind to see Sylvia first before I finally gave up the ghost.....I had to tell her what I knew.

Thanks for the votes. I really appreciate ❤❤
God bless you!
And please stay safe during this hard times. We are in this together.