Chapter 5

Sylvia's POV

I slept at the hospital determined to be by Charlotte's side always. I woke up in the morning and bought a cup of coffee in the hospital. I was still confused at what Charlotte said yesterday.

"They are coming for you Sylvia. They are going to kill you."

Those words terrified me. I hated my life but I didn't know why some people wanted to kill me. I don't know anybody and I have no friends or enemies. A voice interrupted my thoughts. I looked up and saw the doctor.

" Your sister said she wants to see you now and that it is urgent."he said.

"OK doctor." I said and stood up. I guessed it was what she told me yesterday. She really had some explaining to do. I walked to Charlotte's room while the doctor followed me at my back. I was at the door and opened it.

"Call me when anything is wrong. My office is just two rooms from here by the left." the doctor said and left us alone.

"Hey Charlie." I said with a smile. "Are you feeling better now?"

"I don't know Sylvia but I know I am going to die." She said

"Shhhh. Don't you ever say that again. You want to leave me here alone?" I struggled with tears but I didn't want to cry.

"No need to cry Sylvia. Well let's cut to the chase." Charlotte said with her face all serious.

"Is it about what you told me yesterday?"

"Yes. And I am serious about it. You have to run away."

"But why? Who are these people?" I tried to appear confident but I was scared inside.

"And besides I have nowhere to run to." I said.

"Dad.." she said and stopped.

"Dad what? What did Dad do?"

"Dad...he..." she said again and this time tears came out of her eyes.

"Charlotte what happened?" Curiosity was eating me up.

"Dad killed mum. He killed her. He messed with her brakes."

I was dumbstruck. What did she just say? He had been blaming me all these years for her death.

"He killed her." she replied as if reading my mind.

"You don't know what you are saying Charlotte. Dad loved mum very much. It can't be true."

"It's true Sylvia. I heard everything."

"Where did you hear this from?" she had to explain herself.

"Mum worked for drug lords. She was a prostitute!" she exclaimed as more tears came out from her eyes.

"Stop saying trash Charlotte. You don't know what you're saying!"

"I do. I recorded the whole conversation."

"Where?" I wasn't going to believe her until I heard that recording.

"I recorded it in my phone. It must be in the house. But first of all hear me out. You need to know."

I looked at her face and knew that she meant it. She was in so much pain. But I didn't believe her yet though there was no reason why she would lie to me.

"Go on. I'm listening."

"Dad was with a visitor. They were talking calmly at first then all of a sudden,the visitor brought out a gun. Dad called him Daniel,so I'm guessing that's his name. Dad was begging him to calm down. He said he had already killed mum and he had done his job and was asking what he wanted. They didn't notice that I was listening. Dad also works for drug lords. Mum got pregnant for a drug lord and ran away after destroying his empire. She reported him to the police and members of the cartel vowed to kill her,so..."