Chapter 10

This chapter is not edited so there may be some grammatical errors.

Sylvia's POV

Rude much!

What was wrong with him? He would ruin all my plans. After Alexander left,I started feeling very uncomfortable and stood up. I had to leave. I was feeling kind of awkward because of the weird silence that took over.

"I'm so sorry but I have to leave. Have a goodnight." I said and shifted my chair backwards so that I could leave. Then I felt someone drag me back.

"I am so sorry Sylvia. Alexander has some serious anger issues. Please forgive me. I know he didn't mean what he said." Victor said. He looked so sorry. I didn't know if to believe him but he looked so sorry.

"Don't worry it is okay. Please I would like to go." He let go off me.

"Of course. I will tell Fabian to take you back home." Victor said and left the room to probably call Fabian,who must have been the person who drove me here. I was just standing and didn't know what to do.

"I am so sorry Alexander did that. He can be annoying at times." Ross said,giving me an apologetic smile.

"And I'm sorry too. I don't know what got into him. You seem very nice." said Devana.

"It's okay. It was nice meeting you all." I said and quickly left the room. I didn't want to stand there anymore. I left the house and saw Victor conversing with Fabian. Victor saw me and ran towards me.

"Goodnight Sylvia. Once again I'm so sorry about what happened. Please forgive me."

"There's no problem. It wasn't your fault anyway."

"You can go now. I've told Fabian what to do."

"Thank you so much Victor. Goodnight to you too." I replied and went towards the car. Fabian opened the door and I entered. He entered the front seat and started the car. Few seconds later,we left the house. I sat there recalling all the events that happened during dinner. It was actually very nice. I loved the jokes Victor said and the good vibes on the table. Their family was one of a kind. It kind of reminded me of my family when mum was still alive. Devana....was so sweet and nice. The way we exchanged words during dinner was very nice. I wonder where the witch in her was. I bet what the maids and Samantha felt towards her was just pure jealousy,probably because she was with Alexander. Truth be told,he was strikingly handsome. He was freshly bathed and dressed in a partially unbuttoned cotton shirt that was fitted against his tall,muscular shape with a pair of trousers. He dressed normally,like he was going out. I wonder what was wrong with him. Victor and Ross wore suits and Devana wore a beautiful red dress that was sweeping the floors. Alexander was the odd one out at the dinner. He certainly didn't care. He would be a problem. After about 30 minutes,we arrived home.

"We are here ma'am." Fabian said,interrupting me from my thoughts.

"Thank you." I said and went out of the car. I didn't want Fabian to open the car for me.

"Goodnight ma'am."

"Goodnight to you too." I quickly rushed back into the house and was surprised to see Samantha watching a movie with a bowl of popcorn in her hands. She was so obsessed with movies and popcorn. She turned to me when she heard the door open.

"Sylvia how was it?"

"It was good and bad."

"What do you mean by good and bad?"she asked,curious.

" Can I at least take a shower? My body is so sticky right now."

"But you took a shower before the dinner."