Chapter 17

This chapter is not edited so there may be some grammatical errors. Please bear with me.

Sylvia's POV

I puked out all the content I had eaten that night. I washed the sink and tried to regain myself.

"I have to get out of here." I said to myself. I closed the fridge and made sure there was nothing suspicious I left behind. I opened the door and left the room. I was still in shock because of what I just saw. I snuck out of the warehouse and went back into the mansion. There was no one into he living room. I looked around again and saw Alexander staring at me suspiciously.

"Is there anything wrong Alex?" I asked. He didn't answer and kept standing there.

"Can I help you with anything?" I asked again. His looks were creeping me out. Again he didn't answer and went upstairs.

"What a bastard." I said once he was out of sight. I went upstairs trying to forget what I had just seen. My hatred for them kept growing stronger. I entered the room and saw Victor looking out of the window. He turned around after hearing the door close.

"How is the horse?" He asked.

"It's fine. It's doing fine." I went to the bed with Victor's eyes on me.

"What's wrong honey?" I asked.

"Nothing." He answered and came to join me on the bed.

"Let us have fun dear." He said,moving closer to me.

I pushed him away."I'm not really in the mood now Victor."

"Why?"

"I'm just not in the mood okay. I am having a serious headache right now."

Victor looked at me for some time before answering."But you were happy before you left,and you didn't look like you had a headache so why the...... "

I stood up and entered the bathroom. I could feel Victor's gaze from behind me. I locked the door twice and slid to the floor with my back on the door. Tears started to roll down my eyes. I couldn't even control it. I didn't think I could pull this off again. I had no one to support me. I felt like throwing up again and quickly went to the sink. After throwing up,I washed the sink and unlocked the door. Victor wasn't there again to my relief. He was getting suspicious so I had to be careful. I quickly changed into my nightwear and went to sleep.

******************************
"Sylvia!" I was still asleep until I heard someone call my name.

"Sylvia wake up." I finally opened my eyes and saw Victor already dressing up to probably kill another innocent soul.

"Good morning honey." I said but Victor didn't answer and left the room.

"Victor!" I tried calling him but I didn't think he heard. I was still very confused. I didn't really care what he thought and entered the bathroom to freshen up.

Breakfast was quiet as usual. Only the sound of cutleries could be heard. As always,Victor wasn't at the table,but Devana wasn't there either. While eating,I realized I had not achieved or learnt anything important to take down Victor and everyone else who worked with him. Since I had started learning how to shoot,I was going to use it to my advantage. I had to learn everything about the business. The do's and dont's and the rest. I didn't know if I was going to train again today. Samantha hadn't told me anything.

Few minutes later,the table was empty leaving only Samantha and I on the table.

"Sylvia." Samantha called and I looked up from my food.

"Do you know what happened to Victor? He was looking really mad this morning."

"Victor? I don't know. I asked him same but he didn't answer." I responded while eating.