Chapter 17

Beverly's pov

-

"I really did miss you Bev" he smiled

"I missed you too RayRay"

"I haven't heard that nickname in ages" he chuckled

It's been two days now since I've last seen Raymond at that diner. He's been over yesterday just just for a little while before going back to work. Today we spent all afternoon staring at the sunset.

He even put his arms around me, I didn't feel awkward but I didn't feel anything either.

Then to my surprise, my neck snapped around and saw Aqua with Allie being all cuddled up on the balcony.

To feel a little rage was an understatement.

But I had no say in it. Aqua was free to do whatever she wanted with whoever she wanted. What was I supposed to say? Don't touch any other girls until I figure it out?

The sight left me sick, not in a disgusted way. It just made me feel so many things at once, I wanted to poke both their eyes out and feed it to the whales.

So I cutted the conversation with Ray short. I don't think I'd be able to give him my full attention after seeing that.

So here we were, at the front door saying goodbye. I think.

"Because the last time I called you that, we were fourteen" I smiled, my hands gripped the door knob.

"Do you remember that day?" he asked with a wide smile

"Yes, yes I actually do"

"Sunmer's afternoon in my tree house, I told you that you looked pretty and you had the brightest blush. You said it was the first time any boy's called you that" He said

"I recall you being pretty bold that day" I chuckled

"We had a moment that day, then I leaned in..." Ray said, he smiled and leaned his face closer towards me.

I knew exactly what he was trying to do. I chuckled and shook my head, using my free hand to push him back slightly

"I'll see you later Raymond" I smiled

"Bye Beverly" he grinned and stepped away, I smiled and closed the door.

No, I'm not gonna do that cliche, back against the door and sliding down the door with a smile on my face because it was the

And I quote

"Best Date Ever"

I sighed and walked through the hallways of the house to find the kitchen. Only food could ease my mind off all the bullshit that happens in the world.

My hands flung open the oak cabinets to find the beautiful, vibrant look of the barbeque potato chips.

"Love of my fucking life" I smiled, I grabbed the bag and pulled it open. The scent of heaven filled my nostrils.

I gripped a chip in my hand and smiled. I whirled it around my lips before propping it on my tongue.

"You like that don't you?" I smirked at the chip. What? Don't judge.

"Hi" A soft voice came from behind

"I wasn't doing anything!" I yelled. My hands dropped the bag onto the counter and I turned to face the person while attempting to shield my body from the delicious evidence.

"Were you... Talking dirty to a chip?" Aqua chuckled

"No. No I wasn't" I said nervously

"You're so cute, oh my god" she laughed. A blush found its way to my face