Chapter 18

Beverly's pov

-

So there I was, the next day. My back against the headboard and my hands rubbing my temples. The confusion ran through each vein of my body.

The images of her face didn't seem to fade, the memory of her touch consumed my emotions. Goosebumps crawled along my skin just thinking of her lips on mine.

What does that even mean? What the fuck does it even fucking mean of for fuck sakes!

I let out a sigh and found my way over to the shower with my cotton towel.

My hands turned the knob and I allowed the water to wash over me. It cleansed my spirit but not my sins. The hot liquid ran down my spine, causing my muscles to turn to mush under it's power. The water trickled down my face as I took a deep breath in. The familiar bad butterflies swarmed my stomach with each breath I took.

This shit isn't healthy. I need to get myself together.

I slipped out of the shower and threw on something quick. Shorts and a t shirt should do it.

My feet met the base of the stairs, I scanned the room frantically until it landed on the girl I kissed lastnight.

"Good Morning" she smiled widely as she walked past me

"Good morning" I mumbled, my feet trialed behind her

"Slept well? I know you haven't been sleeping that much lately" she said.

Aqua stood in front the stove with a pan in her hand. I raised my brow at her as my hands gripped the kid of the kitchen island as I hopped onto the marbled coutner.

"How'd you know that?"

"You talk in your sleep, it's pretty loud" she chuckled

"What did I say?"

"Something like, 'Yes, fuck yes, right there" she smirked.

My eyes went wide as a stinging red blush appeared on my cheek. Oh God-

"Oh no, did I really?! Oh fuc-"

"Nah I'm just fucking with ya" Aqua giggled. I groaned and grabbed the kitchen towel near me and threw it directly at her

"Hey! You'll make me drop this water!" She hissed

"What are you doing?" I questioned

"I'm cooking" she smiled widely
"Wanna help? I could really use someone to deal with the water. I don't want my tail magically appearing outta nowhere in the middle of a kitchen"

"Whatcha making?" I asked as I hopped off the kitchen island

"Anything you wanna eat" she smiled

"Pasta?"

"Pasta it is then"

I made my way over to the dark oak cabinets and pulled a few items out. Aqua went to the fridge and grabbed the meat and seasoning.

"Chicken or Shrimp?" she asked

"Chicken, I'm not in the mood for seafood" I said

"Ouch, well I'll just leave then" Aquamarine pouted. I threw my head in laughter as I lit the stove.

The bright flame laid under the iron pot filled with water, I broke the noodles and placed them in and covered it with a lid.

"Where's your phone?" she asked, I pulled my phone from my back pocket and unlocked it before handing it to her