Chapter 24

Narrator's pov

-

The highlight of Aquamarine's life today wasn't the first time that she drove on the mainroad or the crispy fries dripping with cheese in her hand. It was actually the feeling of a certain blonde girl's eyes on her.

As much as she tried to avoid the girl's gaze, she could literally feel it penetrating through her skull.

Allie kicked her feet under the wooden table everytime Aqua turned her face more than thirty degrees in Beverly's direction.

But she couldn't help it. Her smile made Aqua's day. It was as if she couldn't start the morning without it.

Have you ever been addicted to someone that you couldn't go a few minutes without hearing their voice?

Well there Aqua was, sitting at her table with cheesy fries down her throat and a twitch in her veins to snap her neck around.

"You better not stare at her" Allie glared

"But I wanna see heeerrrr facccceee" Aqua pouted

"Well, she's staring at you. That's something" Allie said as she munched on her burger

"She is?" the mermaid asked

"Yep"

"Well, what kinda look is she giving?" Aqua pouted again, Allie just shook her head and laughed

"Are you really gonna ask that?" she questioned

"Yes, she could be looking at me like she wants to stab a fork through my hand or she wants to braid my hair. Which one is it?" Aqua asked

"It's... You know what, why don't you check it out for yourself" Allie smiled

Aqua's neck turned slowly to see Beverly's eyes. A smile crept onto Aqua's lips. Beverly's eyes were green but not the kind of shade that's easy to describe. It was almost like they were both green and yellow at the same time, with blue creeping in around the edges as if it were trying to take over. She blinked and the beauty was momentarily covered by the shield of her eyelashes; naturally long and soft.

Raymond was so busy talking that he didn't even notice the intense tension between the girl he's crushing on and the girl his crush is actually crushing on.

Beverly's eyes fell down Aqua's to land on her soft pink lips, she sucked in a breath as she recalled the taste. A slight hint or strawberry mixed with watermelon, it was sweet but it was addicting.

Hell, she was on a date with a guy she liked for years but her attention was on a girl's smile.

Well darling, if he's that boring at holding a conversation, just imagine what he's like in bed.

Sheesh. Can't be me.

"And that's when I started to think I could make captain" Raymond chuckled

"Huh?" Beverly asked as she snapped out of her trance

"I'm telling you about when I made Captain" Ray said again

"Oh yeah, sorry" Beverly mumbled

"Anyways, let me tell you about this one time the guys on the team surprised me-" And with that, Beverly drowned his voice out again

Beverly rolled her eyes but kept her head low so he wouldn't see. She didn't want to appear rude but the boy had been talking about himself since they were in the car. And 90% of it was about soccer.

Wasn't the point of a date to talk about each other's interest and communicate. Not once did he ask her about her own personal life

The only time he spoke was when he tried to take her attention away from staring at Aqua and it was starting to piss her off.