Day of the Dino: Part 1

"Dad, let's go, we're gonna be late," Alexander called to his father, "You don't get two shots at a first impression."

"I'll meet you there," Alexander heard from his father's room, "I've just got to find a couple of things."

"If you say so," Alexander called out, grabbing his helmet and key before mounting his bike and heading off to Reefside High.

He walked into his first-period class, his father's: science. To call the room a warzone was an understatement. Students were everywhere, paper airplanes were flying all over the place, and it was so noisy that Alexander halfway wished he could rip his own ears off.

"This seat taken," He asked a brown-haired girl wearing a grey shirt with yellow stripes on the sleeves.

"All yours," She said, not looking up from the book she was writing in.

He sat on the stool, setting his helmet on the ground and pulling out his notebook, catching a paper airplane before it hit the girl's head.

"Guys," Tommy Oliver shouted, trying to get everyone's attention, "Settle down! Take your seats, please. I'm Dr. Oliver and this is first-period science. Before we start, are there any questions? Yes?"

"Cassidy. Cassidy Cornell," A preppy girl stood in front of Tommy, the class groaning, "Dr. Oliver, as you may know, I'm the anchor and field reporter for our school TV station. Anyway, I'm sure our viewers are wondering--well, you don't really look old enough to be a teacher."

Tommy shot Alexander a look of irritation before refocusing on the student in front of him.

"Devin," Cassidy turned around, "Are you getting this?"

When she turned back around to face Tommy, Alexander threw the paper airplane he caught earlier, hitting her right in the ponytail.

"Cassidy," Tommy said, disregarding the airplane, "I promise you, I'm old enough, so let's put the camera away."

"You missed it," Cassidy spat at Devin, taking her seat again.

"For now, let's talk about you guys," Tommy started again, "And what you expect of yourselves in this class, because that's what's really important. Is someone missing?"

Timeskip:

Alexander's day went by quickly, each teacher pretty much just giving him a syllabus and explaining their expectations of the students. Typical first-day stuff. He was walking down the hallway trying to find his father when he was stopped by Principal Randall.

"Mr. Oliver, is that right," She asked.

"It is," He responded politely, "Can I help you?"

"I'm looking for your father, where is he," She asked rather brashly.