Chapter 23:

Morgan

I stood outside of the jail waiting for this lawyer. I talked to her over the phone for a few minutes last week and she seems legit.

"Morgan Yung?" I look up from my phone to the lady in front of me dressed professionally.

"Yes. Hi Ms. Wales." I said shaking her hand.

"Call me Tina. So shall we." She pointed I nodded and begin following her inside.

This was different then his usual visits since we got our own room to have privacy.

Mogul hugged me long and hard when he came in since we're not allowed to hug long in the visiting room without the guards barking with their bullshit.

"Mogul." I said laughing as he was squeezing me lifting me off my feet.

"I love you Morgz. I just had to give you a real hug."

"I love you too." I said pushing his chest.

"Aye you got some light back in ya eyes, not all, but some." He pointed out to my eyes.

I nodded. "Well lets sit and talk to Tina."

"What's up?" Mogul nodded to her sitting down.

"Mogul be a little professional at least, damn." I snapped rolling my eyes.

"It's fine." Tina said laughing. "So let's get down to business. Williams, the cop, some new things have come to the light about him recently. We got an anonymous tip that gave the right and opportunity to look more into him and his life. There is some stuff I can't say, but what I can say there were drugs found all over the basement of his house making it look like he had a business going. So he planted those drugs on you, right?" She nodded.

Me and Mogul glanced at each other.

"But I already admitted-" Mogul started but she cut him off as she shook her head.

"Like I said, right?"

Mogul looked at me and I shrugged nodding.

"Right." Mogul answered.

"First we have to get the appeal approved, but I have no doubt it will. My name has weight around here and I'm one of the best. We'll meet on and off to talk as time goes by and the process begins, you will have no choice but to go through a trial all over again. My goal is to get all of the charges against you dropped and I'ma do just that. The gun charge might stick, but you done already served them five years for that. So hopefully we can get you outta here."

"You talk a good game, but I see it all as bullshit."

"And I don't blame you. Just let me work and you'll see. So do we have a deal."

Mogul shrugged leaning back in his chair. "Sure, why not."

"So this anonymous person?" I asked Tina as we walked out of the jail. I was really curious about who could have made all of this possible right now.

"Anonymous for a reason." She said simply.

"So if you're the best I know you have to be expensive, so tell me how much and I can have all the money to you by-"

"It's already paid for."

"What?"

"Don't worry, just let me do my job. We'll be in contact." She said sending me a smile then walking off to her car.

"Hey Morgan." Asia smiled opening up the door. "Michael is at school."

"I actually came to talk to you." I said.