Chapter 1 [Prologue]

"Prologue"

"Prologue"

-------------------------

Junior year number five thousand eight hundred and thirty three, or so my dear brother Michele likes to joke. We were on our way, in two cars, to Forks High School. Now here is where it gets complicated. I, Luciana Rossi, along with five other members of my coven/family are attending high school after moving here to Forks, Washington. My brothers, Michele Rossi and Iñaki Lira, my cousins Alessio and Matteo Rossi, our friend/coven member Aki Ito and Matteo's mate, Maggie are all respectively seniors and juniors. Unlike most people in our situation, most of us are actually genetically related. Michele and Iñaki are my half brothers. Michele and I share a mother, while Iñaki and I share a father. Matteo and Alessio are Michele and I's cousins. Aki, Iñaki and I are three of the four heads of the hybrids. I know that sounds weird, but it is similar to the situation of the werewolves up here in Forks. Just like how they have an alpha, a second in command, etc. there are for hybrids based solely on who was born first. It makes no sense, but that is how it works. Since I was the first ever hybrid to survive birth or not get killed in the process, I am the so-called "alpha" of the hybrids. Iñaki is my second in command, born twenty years after me. Then Aki is third, with our friend and coven member Teuvo as fourth. After that, it doesn't really matter. You also might ask, why would we be together after all this time? And then go on to wonder, how old are the four of us? Well let me inform you!!! To start, I am more than two thousand years old. With Iñaki being only twenty years younger. Aki is around one hundred years younger than us and then Teuvo is fifty years younger than Aki. My family raised me after they were turned and I was born. Iñaki and Aki both grew up on their own. It sounds pretty chaotic and scary for them. We found them when myself and Alessio got brought in by the Vultori along with Iñaki and Aki. When we left, they came along with us. The three of us bonded very closely over our feelings of living in limbo between being a vampire and being a human in a very strange and confusing world. Then Aki came across Teuvo while his mother was still pregnant. She somehow survived, but eventually died of old age. We went a very long time before realizing how we were the first four and then that we had any sort of a leadership role in the eyes of our species. Now there are exactly fourteen of us on this earth. It is almost like a club. We meet every once and a while to make sure everyone is okay and doing well. Now with that in mind. Here we go starting our recurring story in yet another place.