Chapter 18

"EIGHTEEN"

"EIGHTEEN"

-------------------------

December passed much like October and November. We went to school or work, came home and spent time with the family. We started to spend more time outside with other people. Elizabeth made friends outside of the family. Her and some other nurses and doctors would go out for drinks every Friday. Elijah had his school friends. Giusy and Liam made friends with a couple that worked with both of them. Maggie continued to hang around Bella and the Swans. So much so that Matteo started to hang around there too and spent A LOT of time with Charlie. It was a little abnormal, because Matteo, Michele and Alessio generally just hung around each other, or at least they have for the past two thousand years. Nicola and Andrew have been bonding since the two of them are locked at home together with the kids most of the time. With Giusy spending a fair amount of time with friends now, Myra found herself with Aki and I often. Oliver and I weren't at each other's throats quite as much because he has been too busy growing to get in the way of anyone. 

This lovely Friday afternoon I was going to the Swan's residence to help cook some food. Charlie was working overtime on the same case that Liam was working on. Plus people have started disappearing and then turning up dead all over the place. I drove over with Matteo and Myra in the back seat. 

"Are we socializing with Charlie? Or just hanging out with each other while Bella sits there and we cook?" Questioned glancing at the couple through my rearview mirror.

"Charlie isn't supposed to be there, at least not until later, don't worry. Also you never know, maybe Bella will actually talk to us." Maggie said sending me a quick smile.

"You never know." I mused, but we do know. The girl is depressed and the only real ways to fix that are connected to Edward sadly. At the least those are the only ones she sees. I sang along to the radio under my breath the rest of the way. Bella's car was already parked in the driveway when I pulled up. She must have left early again. She seems to be doing that a lot lately. That or showing up late and missing our Calc class first period. Once I put the car in park Maggie quickly got out and ran inside.

"She's okay right?" I checked, looking over at my cousin as I locked my car.

"I think so. Bella is slowly getting a little bit better, so I think it's less of a weight for Mags." Matteo explained, a focused look crossing his face. Matteo was very worried about Maggie. This whole thing hit a little too close to home for Maggie, and Maddy didn't like her thinking he would leave her any time soon. Rossi family members do not leave love behind. Except for me as Michele liked to remind me whenever he talked to Rosalie and she informed him on how all the Cullens were doing. 

"Lucy, can you maybe make that tortellini in the broth? It stores well and isn't too hard for Charlie to heat up and eat." Maggie yelled from her spot in the kitchen with her head in the fridge.