Chapter 27

"TWENTY-SEVEN"

"TWENTY-SEVEN"

--------------------------------

It as naive of me to think that Charlotte's run in with the vamp would be the most chaotic thing to happen to me this month. It was the very end of February and hell practically broke loose.

First, Charlotte refused to go anywhere by herself and it was really starting to get in everyone's way. I don't think any of us actually realized how independent our oldest niece was. Now I had to spend my time going on walks with her so that she would get out of the house.

To add to that, Bella AND Maggie found out that their friend Jacob was a shape-shifter. From what Embry told me, it was extremely dramatic. Speaking of the little wolf, Embry has literally become like my eighth child. He calls me to tell me about his day or to ask my life questions. He complains to me about Sam and Jacob fighting and always asks if he can come over so I can help him with his homework. It was really sweet and I have absolutely no clue why he felt this pull to spend time with me. The thought of him imprinting on me crossed my mind, so I reached out to Sam a week or so ago to see if he knew anything that I didn't. Thankfully, the pack alpha cleared up that Embry purely saw me as a sisterly figure, someone he actually looked up to apparently.

Along with Charlotte being afraid to leave the house, Maggie was now afraid of Jacob. This made Matteo very pleased with himself because he didn't have to worry about his human girlfriend spending time with 'dangerous beings' as he called them. Honestly, I think Nico is a little jealous of his little brother right now because Elizabeth is drawn to Emily and the wolves and Nico is VERY wary of them.

The last piece of shit that hit the fan was presence of the nomad vamp. She is going insane supposedly trying to go after Bella. It was pathetic, but also extremely annoying.

----------------------------

"Remind me why we're doing this?" Nicola grumbled as we ran towards a clearing on the treaty line.

"We are going to go come up with a plan for how to get rid of the vampire that sent the one who bit your daughter." I quipped back, tired of his attitude and grumblings.

"Literally Nico I do not understand why you can't just get over yourself and shut up. These wolves helped your daughter and your wife is friends with one's girlfriend. They are a part of your life so get a reality check." Lex complained, shoving his older brother as we neared an opening in the dense woods.

"G you agree with me. It's unnatural for us to be working with these dogs." Nico tried, turning to his sister as we skidded to a stop. Giusy looked at him, rolled her eyes and walked away over towards her own husband. Aki and Nacho stood flanking me since this was a serious matter and we needed to be prepared for if our family and the wolves clashed. The coldies were all here except for the two youngest Rossi boys, Matteo and Michele. Matteo was at home with the humans and hybrid kids because his siblings decided he was the least necessary for the situation in the woods. Michele, on the other hand, decided to play hookie and go visit the Cullens up in Alaska. He was one lucky guy getting to spend the weekend with his girlfriend while the rest of us were hunting some lunatic vamp on a rampage.