Chapter 6

"SIX"

"SIX"

--------------

To say my house was chaos on Saturday morning is an understatement and the Cullen's hadn't even arrived yet. We were cooking, cleaning, trying to dress Aki's kids. Plus everyone had questions. Whoever wasn't at school wanted to know what to expect.

I was in charge of helping Aki with Keiri, Elijah and Sakura. It was going well until I looked up and noticed that Keiri was gone. As in, she was not in the room or the hall. For a human kid she was quick and somehow found her way around all of us. I started speeding around. I looked through all the rooms on the top floor. Then I moved to looking through the next two floors. I peeked my head inside the kitchen, hoping she would be there looking for something to eat. Sadly, much to my dismay, the little girl was not sitting in the kitchen munching away at whatever food she could get. Instead, I just found Elizabeth, Maggie, Nico, Giusy, Myra and Matteo in the kitchen hastily making food.

"You okay principessa?" Matteo asked glancing up from his work to look at me.

"Yeah. I'm fine Maddy. Just looking for where Kichi went." I said chuckling awkwardly. This caused Giusy and Maggie to look up.

"Where was she last?" Maggie questioned looking around.

"Upstairs getting dressed. I'm sure it is fine. I'm going outside to find her. Everything smells amazing in here. I can't wait to eat it all." I smiled before running out in to the backyard. I sped around the playground, then the field, and into the edge of the woods surrounding the house. After nothing and no one showed up, I zoomed to the the front. In the corner of my eye I noticed the little purple girl running on the side of the road past a car that just pulled up. My stomach dropped and I rushed past the vehicle and grabbed the girl by the back of her shirt. Once the little girl was safely wrapped in my arms I let out a deep breath I had been holding.

"Hi Auntie Wucy!" She mussed smiling up at me.

"Kichi, you can't run away like that. You gave me a heart attack of my gosh. Sweaty, I need you to go help Uncle Maddy finish cooking. I don't want him burning anything. Okay?" I asked looking into her beautiful little brown eyes. She nodded excitedly, happy to do something. I put her on her feet and she rushed inside, as fast as her little legs would take her. I watched her until the front door closed behind her and I heard her yelling for Matteo to stop before he burnt something, making me chuckle. I looked up to notice the entire Cullen family of vampires standing by two cars watching the scene play out in front of them.

"Hello!" I greeted warmly, at least I hoped it was warmly, looking around at everyone. There were four new faces along with Bella, Edward, Jasper and Alice.

"Hello Lucy!" Cheered Alice coming to give me a hug. I smiled returning her hug, waving at Edward and Bella.

"How ya feeling Jasper?" I asked smiling at the blonde man just checking if he was okay after being so close to Keiri and her humaness.

"Hello ma'am, I am great. She has odd smelling blood anyways." He responded giving me a smile.

"Well that is great to hear! Let's get inside and then we can do introductions. I would hate to make you all have to do it twice if not even three times." I said chuckling. We walked into the house and the second we passed the threshold all the creatures with superhuman speed appeared in front of myself and the Cullen family. 

"Hello everyone! We are so excited to meet you. I'm Giuseppina, you can call me Giusy." My cousin said stepping forward to address the group.

"Hello. My name is Carlisle. This is my coven. My mate Esme. My adopted children, Emmett, Rosalie, Jasper, Alice, and Edward and Edward's human mate Bella. I assume we will not have a problem with thirst and that we are not putting her in danger." The blonde man in his early twenties introduced.

"Of course. Much like what we can tell you do, we are vegetarians. We have three human kids running around the house and three of us have human mates." Nico explained smiling at the pale girl who was standing close to her mate "Now that everyone appears to be here, let us introduce you to our coven, or at least brief you for the first time on their names." He chuckled seeing the large male vampire and Edward's eyes grow wide at the sight of our large coven.

"Okay, there are Nicola and Elizabeth. Myself and Liam. Alessio. Matteo and Maggie. Michele, Lucy, Iñaki. Aki and Andrew. Teuvo and Myra. The kids are Oliver, Charlotte, Elijah, Keiri and Sakura in age order. I know that is a lot, but we are nothing besides a big family." Giusy chuckled pointing to everyone while saying their names.

"It is lovely to meet you all." The kind looking woman, I think named Esme said smiling at us all.

"Come inside! Bella we have food, feel free to eat whatever you want. If you already ate, don't stress, we get how it seems a little weird to eat at a vampire gathering." I chuckled gesturing for everyone to walk farther into the house. We all trudged up the steps towards the living room and kitchen. From there we dispersed into smaller groups. Those of us that ate headed for the kitchen along with Esme and Alice.

"We brought lasagna and brownies. I hope that is okay." Esme mused following me into the kitchen which was currently full of four of the kids trying to get as much food ad they could onto plates with Oliver helping Keiri hold a plate.

"That is perfect. Please excuse the kids. They act like we never feed them." Aki chuckled picking Keiri up and taking her plate from Oliver. Esme chuckled as Alice looked around observing everyone.

"This may seem strange, but we have chocolate chip cookies in the other room. We call them Coldy cookies because the vampires in our family can eat them, not throw them up and they apparently taste good." Elizabeth added looking up from her own plate before heading back to the living room to sit with Nicola and talk.

"You have discovered food that we can eat?" The motherly woman asked looking surprised as more of us gathered around the kitchen table to eat.

"Sort of... just don't eat it if you're human it will taste disgusting." I said chuckling.

"Yeah. It's pretty gross." Elijah pipped in looking at the two vampires standing next to me "I'm Eli by the way. Nice to meet you."

"It is nice to meet you too kiddo. You have some amazing manners." Esme said shaking the little boy's outstretched hand.

"Thank you! My momma taught me them." He said beaming at Aki, who looked very proud of her son's actions.

"Well it's nice to hear that I'm chopped liver." Andrew chuckled sitting down with his family.

"Don't worry Andi, you always have been and always will be." Iñaki added slapping the human on the back. Turning away from the chatter surrounding my kitchen table, I focused on the Cullens standing near me.

"Thoughts Alice?" I questioned the surprisingly quiet girl wanting to know what was racing through her mind, keeping her too busy to talk.

"The way that you all live is amazing to me. I know I saw it in my vision, but it is so different in real life. Everything seems so normal. Almost like you are all either human or all vampires."

"It is truly amazing. It makes me very happy to see the potential that our lifestyle has." Esme murmured glancing over her shoulder to see the mix of vampires, hybrids and humans sitting and conversing in the living room.

"Yeah. Our family is special. A little weird and definitely problematic at times, but it's family and it's all we've had for centuries."