Chapter 10

"TEN"

"TEN"

-----------------

Come Monday, Michele went to the Cullen's after school. It was bizarre if we're honest. He spoke with Edward and Alice during one of their classes and asked if he could go with them after school. According to Aki, Alice was practically bouncing. However, no one in our family, besides me, knows why Michele is going, or what his sudden interest is in the family. Of course, Iñaki and Alessio were making bets on what was going on. Thankfully, they were nowhere near what was actually happening. At lunch, I was stuck, alone, with the two of them as Michele sat in a corner with Alice, Maggie and Matteo disappeared to who knows where and Aki left to eat lunch with Andrew.

"I bet he is going to switch covens." Iñaki stated, causing me to roll my eyes.

"Or he is indebted to them in some way." Alessio added.

"Maybe Edward is actually related to him and he just didn't want to tell us."

"Or maybe he knows one of them already and just hasn't told us."

"MAYBE he's just making friends." I suggested gritting my teeth.

"Nah." They said at the same time, shaking their heads at my apparently stupid comment. I tuned them out from there until we had only twenty minutes left of lunch. It was at that point where their babbling was starting to give me a headache. I stood up abruptly and walked away, throwing my lunch in the trash in the process. I made it all the way to the hall holding my next class; art, when someone grabbed my wrist lightly. I whiped around ready to punch.

"Woah! I'm sorry Lucy. I did not mean to scare you. I just wanted to make sure you were okay." Jasper said, giving me a shy smile.

"No, you're fine. I just didn't expect someone to follow me, so you surprised me. I'm okay, but sometimes Iñaki and Alessio give me a head ache just from their presence." I groaned sitting down on the floor, leaning my back on the lockers lining the walls. Jasper quickly joined me, gracefully sitting down to my right.

"They were saying some strange things. Do they not know why Michele is coming over?"

"No, no one knows. Michele only told me." I explained, resting my chin on my knees.

"That explains a lot. Is there any particular reason Michele isn't talking about it to your family?"

"Not really, I think he just wants to figure out what's going on before he brings the rest of us into it. We can be a little much if you haven't noticed. I was surprised we didn't scare away Myra and Elizabeth when Teuvo and Nico introduced them to us." I chuckled thinking back to the memories.

"You do have a very Italian family." He agreed chuckling.

"That is the best way to describe it. So how are you doing? Why are you here rather than with Alice and Michele?"