Chapter 4

"FOUR"

"FOUR"

--------------

"What?!" my cousin Giuseppina practically screeched once we told her the story of what happened at school today.

"And it's possible?!" questioned Nicola incredulously.
"Apparently. And my money is on him being related to Alex." I added unhelpfully. Looking around at my cousins and brother all sitting in Alessio's room having our 'family meeting' even though more than half the beings downstairs could hear us perfectly fine if they tried.

"You mean.... you think I could have had a kid and it led all the way to this boy born in the nineteen hundreds?" mumbled Alessio staring off into the distance.

His reaction makes sense. If I was in his position I would have the exact same reaction. Yes we are lucky to have each other and we are all definitely grateful for what we have, but the thought of having a family, having someone that was here purely because of you and one other person. Someone that shares your blood. It is a completely different concept than siblings. 

"And what happened after introductions?" Asked Giusy rubbing her forehead.

"The girls, Bella and Alice, sort of just sat there deep in thought, the blonde male one, Jasper, looked extremely pained the whole time, probably didn't like the smell of Maggie's blood, and Edward, well he sort of just left. I think it was a lot of information for him." Michele explained. All heads turned instantly as there was a soft knock on the door.

"Yeah?" Asked Giusy.

"Sorry to interrupt, but we feel we should be included. Not only will it affect us all anyways, but Aki, Iñaki, and Maggie were already present and know exactly what happened and most of us can hear anyways." Liam Giusy's mate, stated leaning against the door frame with a crooked smile plastered across his smug face.

"That seems fair enough. I mean, we are all one family technically." Agreed Giusy looking around at us to make sure no one objected. We all nodded in agreement and in came everyone else, except the kids. Liam sat right next to Giusy on the bed. Maggie came and stood right behind Matteo who was sitting in a desk chair that was pulled up near the bed. Aki walked in and sat on the floor by the wall. Her husband Andrew stayed with the kids considering it is hard to leave a human 8 month old alone. Elizabeth, Nicola's human mate came and sat on his lap as he sat on the couch. Then came Teuvo, the fourth hybrid in command, and his mate Myra, another Vampire. Lastly, in came Iñaki, and being the complete and utter dork and idiot that he is, he came over to sit right on top of me.

"Nacho, I swear to god, get off of me or I will break you. This is not the time to start acting like an idiot again." I groaned, shoving the hybrid off of me and onto the hard floor.

"Wow sister, love you too." He commented sitting up and crossing his legs "continue everyone."

"Well it appears that one of us" Nicola stated gesturing to myself, my brother and cousins "had a kid and now the descendant is a vampire living in the other coven in Forks."

"There is another coven here? Are they vegetarians?" Asked Myra, looking a little uncomfortable at the thought.

"As far as we can tell." Responded Matteo shrugging slightly.

"One of them has a human mate, and they went to school, so we are assuming they are vegetarian and similar to us." I added trying to give her a full picture of the situation. Her features softened slightly with the new information, but she still looked on edge.

"Well, who's kid is it?" Asked Liam looking around analyzing everyone's facial expressions.

"Technically we don't know, but we are sure it was not Giusy's or mine because we would remember that whole situation. That still leaves Matteo, Michele, Alessio and myself." Nicola explained to everyone who was new to the situation.

"I think it's Alex's." Aki looked at me. I nodded agreeing. Alessio just shook his head, unable to fully process the information. Nicola, Matteo and Michele just looked at the ground thinking.

"He honestly does look a tiny bit like Alex." Agreed Maggie.

"Well what do we do now?" Asked Teuvo looking at Giusy and Nicola for guidance in this weird situation.

"Do we plan to talk to them? Reach out and meet?" Asked Myra, looking just as conflicted.

"I think we should reach out.... They will obviously know we are here. Shouldn't we just nip it in the butt and try to figure out all the details before something bad happens and we get stuck on defense?" I suggested looking to Giusy to see her reaction to my idea.

"I think that is a smart approach as well. I will try to reach out to the head of their coven and plan a meeting. Would you all prefer for it to include everyone? Or should it just be Nicola, myself, Teuvo and Myra?" Questioned Giusy looking towards Maggie and Elizabeth and then to Aki. We had to protect the humans of the family. There is no need to put Maggie and Elizabeth in danger for no reason and Aki's young children don't need to get into something like this before they even understand what was going on.

"I think it might be safer for everyone if we plan on it being a whole family thing. That way they can't get around us somehow." Commented NIcola looking at his wife.

"Well then I will call and we can have them over for a potluck." Chuckled Giusy, locking eyes with me. Her eyes twinkled with the same light it has for the past two thousand years whenever she gets to act like a mother, and an adult. At her heart, she is a suburban soccer mom.

"Perfect! Even if they are dangerous, we will scare them away with the chaos that is this family." Laughed Iñaki as we heard the kids yelling downstairs.

"Naco, it's a win win situation. Anyways, we always make a statement, why should this be any different?" I asked, thinking back to the time we met Myra's coven after her and Teuvo got together. 

To put it simply, we almost burned her family's house down. This was before Elizabeth, Maggie and Andrew were a part of our coven. Meaning it was pre any kids. That did not hold us back from causing chaos. Right now we are nineteen. Back then we were eleven. My brother Michele had a mate, or so we thought. Her name was Vera. Her and I sure as hell did not get along. But, back to the point. Iñaki and Michele were bickering like they generally do whenever they spend too much time stuck together in a small space. It was fine until Michele pushed Iñaki and he fell off the porch. Then Nicola inserted himself to try and solve the situation before it got too awkward for Teuvo and Myra. Then Alessio joined in. It turned into a wrestling match. Giusy and I sat there observing the whole time. The fact that Myra survived and still agreed to join our coven showed how much she belongs with us. It has always been Myra, Giusy, Aki and I for the past three hundred years. We were a hard group to crack, but Elizabeth did so. She has been around us since she was twelve. We realized she was Nico's mate quickly after we came across her one day while Aki and I were tutoring at the local middle school in North Dakota. We watched her for years, as creepy as that sounds. Normally, back then, we did not spend longer than six years in one place. However, we spent ten years in North Dakota. Once Elizabeth was nineteen we allowed Nico to flirt with her, to make "the moves" as Michele calls it. After about a month they got together and then after three years she agreed to move with us when we needed to leave. Aki and Elizabeth are fairly close because we spent two years in high school with her and they just click. She is almost thirty now and has two kids. Two hybrids, Oliver and Charlotte. This works perfectly since Nicola was twenty eight when he was changed. Then when we were in Alaska briefly Aki met Andrew. He was seventeen at the time and she was pretending to be a year younger than him. He is twenty six now and they have three human kids together. Apparently, when the parents are three thirds human, the human trumps the vampire gene, as we say, and the kids come out human. Unlike the others Maggie is our newest member. She is still in high school. She comes from a broken home. We found her on the street when she got hurt. The smell of her blood pulled Matteo to her. Myself, Aki and Elizabeth took her in and cleaned her up. She was thirteen at the time. Now she is seventeen and a junior in high school. She figured out what our deal was fairly quickly and completely agreed to join us. She had nothing holding her back and the simple thought that Matteo could be someone for her was enough to join a bunch of crazies for the time being.

"This will be interesting. When are we planning on trying to do it?" aked Aki looking up from her spot on the floor.

"I say we do it sooner rather than later." I suggested to Giusy "Who knows what could happen or what their system for disappearing is. The members we met are technically seniors this year so they could very easily just drop off the grid."

"I will reach out ASAP and we will have another all family pow-wow soon once we figure it out."