Chapter 14

"FOURTEEN"

"FOURTEEN"

----------------------------

Septemper 13th after school, I picked Keiri and Charlotte up at the house and took them to get ice cream before we waited to pick up Elizabeth at work. We sat in the waiting room until Carlisle showed up.

"Well hello." He greeted sending the little girls a bright smile. "What are all of you doing here? Is something wrong?"

"We're waiting for my mom. We're going out to dinner and she's taking so long." Charlotte complained to the blonde vampire.

"Oh, she just got put on a new emergency case. She could be a while. Does she have a car here, or a way to get home?" Carlisle asked, looking apologetic for the interruption to our plans.

"No, but I can come get her when she's done. I'll text her to let her know we're leaving for dinner and that you let me know. Thank you!"

"I can take her home after she finishes her case. It's not a problem." Carlisle offered.

"Are you sure?" I questioned looking around to see where Keiri scampered off to. She just moved to the other side of waiting chairs and was talking to an old couple. Classic Kichi, always social.

"Of course. Have fun at your dinner. I'm sorry your mom couldn't come Charlotte."

"It's okay. Life happens." She shrugged before grabbing my hand, trying to pull me towards the exit.

"Thank you again Carlisle! Have a good night!" I said before allowing Charlotte to pull me away. "Kichi we need to go. It's time to eat. Can you say goodbye to your new friends?" The little girl smiled up at the couple and said goodbye, charming them beyond repair. She had both of them wrapped around her little finger, much like she does most adults.

Once I got them into the car, successfully strapped Keiri into her car seat and double checked that Charlotte had her seatbelt on properly,  I got into the front seat and pulled out of the parking lot, heading towards the diner, the only real restaurant in Forks. I turned up the music and barely listened to whatever random conversation Charlotte and Keiri were having in the back seat. Whenever I heard my name I would mumble something incoherent that could either be in agreement or disagreement and they went along with it. It was a peaceful drive until my passenger door flung open while I was driving fifty miles per hour. To say my heart stopped was an understatement, but once I saw Emmett scooting into the car, closing the door behind him, my fear and worry turned to surprise and confusion.

"Emmett?" I asked confused.

"Big bear?! Why did you just run into our car? Aunt Lucy why is he allowed to do that? Isn't it dangerous?" Charlotte averted my attention from the big man now sitting to my right.

"He's allowed to do it because he has special powers." I tried, not putting much effort into my argument. I kept glancing over at him trying to figure out what the hell was going on.