Chapter 3

"THREE"

"THREE"

--------------------

As Alessio and I entered the lunch room, scanning for our family, we noticed Matteo sitting rigidly at a table with Maggie, Aki, and Iñaki, looking directly at a table hosting the three vampires I saw earlier today, and the human mate of the brunette one. Matteo looked extremely uncomfortable for some reason and the blonde vampire obviously noticed. Either by his strange behavior or smell, Matteo was glaringly visible to the group. Maggie seemed to be too sucked into a conversation with Aki to care or notice Matteo's actions. Iñaki, on the other hand, looked extremely uncomfortable.

"And what exactly did they get themselves into already?" Groaned Alessio, lightly grabbing my wrist, pulling me to the table.

"Hello children!" I greeted, hoping it would get to Matteo and pull him out of his strange trance.

"Hmphmdp" He responded, making it blatantly obvious that he was not paying attention to me.

"Matteo, fra, come on. Just focus back on us dude." Alessio added, nudging him to look back at those in front of us.

"Iñaki, take a chill pill. Eat the sandwich. God knows what Myra would say if you come back with food left. She will wring your neck." Aki said, looking up from her own food.
We all, meaning Maggie, Aki, Iñaki and I, ate our lunches while Alessio and Matteo 'picked' at their food. It tasted good and it helped us confuse the hell out of the vampires sitting a few tables away from us.

"I forgot to ask! How was PE for y'all?" asked Aki, laughing at the idea of any of us pretending to play sports.

"You really should have seen it. Alex was so bad. You looked like a robot and I swear I could not stop laughing the entire time. People had to have thought I was deranged." I said laughing at the mere idea of what happened last period. Out of the corner or my eye, I noticed the human sitting at the table of vampires looking at me curiously. I just smiled in response. Obviously confusing her even more.

"That is not fair. You have no idea what it is like for me in that class." He complained.

"Oh really?! Is that true?! Cause why in this god forsaken world could I ever understand why PE is so difficult for you?" I asked probably louder than I should have. Referring to the fact that I have just as many physical vampire traits as my cousin sitting across from me.

"Okay fair enough. Just shut up would you." He groaned realizing the stupidity of his question.

The next thing that happened shocked me and I think it shocked all of us. Michele walked in, commenting to all of us about his day. Except instead of doing so like a normal human being, he chose to use the mind link. The link that myself and all of my genetically related family on the Rossi side shared. We like to think that it exists because we are all related and that we were all turned, or in my case, fathered, by the same vampire. Now normally this wouldn't be strange or stand out to us, but when someone opens the mind link you start to hear everyone connected to it. Except instead of it just being Matteo, Michele, Alessio and I, there was a fifth voice, or brain I guess. Personally, I was shocked when it started.

This place sucks and those other vampires smell so much. I swear I cannot focus on anything when I have a class with one of them.
Michele complained.

Those new students are trouble.
Said another voice I had never heard before.

"What was that?!" I asked, surprised looking around at my brothers.

"I have no idea. Is it possible that someone else has a connection to the link?" Asked Matteo, looking just as shocked as me.

"There is no way." Said Alessio convinced that what he said was the truth and nothing could make it false. I started looking around as the boys explained to those of us who did not have connection to the link what happened. I scanned the room. It had to be from someone in here obviously, since most of the school was in here for the most common lunch period.

"It's one of them."

"What?" Asked Alessio, stopping what he was saying to look at me confused.

"It is one of the vamps." I said again, glancing at the other table.

"Someone say something interesting to catch their eye." I suggested locking eyes with Michele.

My ass hurts because I sat on a bee hive this morning after my morning run with grandpa.
Said Michele with the twinkle in his eye I saw every time he thought he was hilarious or about to pull a prank.

Who the hell is in my head?! The voice said. It was male. That much was obvious, but I had never spoken to any of the vampires yet. I could not pin a voice to the face.

Which one are you? I asked threateningly.

It's the new vampires isn't it? You're in my head. The voice said. Whichever one it was, played it off well. He didn't look around giving himself away.

Well, if you can hear us then that means you are somehow related to us. Your voice is male so you are either the blond of the brunette, not the girl or the human. No one in the family has anything close to blond hair, but I do not know how old either of you are so who knows how much your genes are different from ours. Still, my money's on the brunette. I stated, filling everyone in on my thought pattern, even the person in question. Before anyone else could speak, suddenly the male brunette was sitting at our table next to Maggie. Matteo reacted immediately. He grabbed his mate, moving her away from the new vampire, putting himself between the two in question.

"What was that?" Growled the brunette.

"So it was you. I was right." I said smiling to myself smugly.

"Yes. How are you in my head? I could not hear any of your thoughts in class, but now I hear a whole conversation. What is that?!" He said gestures to myself, Alessio, Matteo and Michele.

"Well normally it is how we communicate when we do not want other people interfering or listening." Explained Michele.

"It gets extremely annoying sometimes." Added Iñaki unhelpfully.

"But why can I hear it, but not read your minds?" Asked the confused vampire in front of us.

"So your gift is reading minds?"

"Yes, but that is irrelevant, why can I hear your conversation?" He asked once again.

"You must be related to us somehow." Matteo said simply.

"I what?!"

"We can only hear each other because we are genetically related to one another and since you have a connection to the link I guess someone had a kid without knowing and here you are..." I responded looking around at my cousins and brother. 

"Why are you looking at us?!" asked my brother.

"Because I would know if I had a kid." I responded curtly.

"He could be Nico's or Giusy's." Added Alessio looking slightly mind-blown.

"You all mean to tell me I am related to one of you? Wait, are you all related? But not all of you are vampires." The new guy asked, confused as all hell.

"Yes. Yes, Matteo, Luciana, Michele and I are all related biologically. The three of us are vampires. Luci, Aki and Iñaki are hybrids, while Maggie is human." Explained Matteo taking charge or the situation.

"Hybrids? What is a hybrid?" asked the female vampire as she, the human and the blonde vampire approached our table.

"That is not important right now. What is your name?" Asked Alessio, reverting his attention back to the original vampire.

"Edward Cullen, but my original name was Edward Anthony Masen." He explained, seemingly intrigued by the idea that we all could be related to him.

"And when were you born? If you remember." Michele suddenly asked seriously. He was normally the jokester of the family along with Alessio, but when push came to shove he was an adult and he knew how to help handle situations.

"I was born in 1901."

"Wow you're young.... Luci are you sure he isn't yours?" Matteo looked at me.

"I said it before and I'll say it again. I have never had a kid and I would know if I had." I responded firmly.

"He looks a little bit like Alex...." Aki pointed out quietly.

"Honestly when you think about it Giusy would have had to hide an entire normal pregnancy from you all when you were human so he isn't hers. He is a full vampire so he isn't mine or one of yours with a human and from everything you guys have told me Alessio and Michele were the two who slept around the most. As much as you can sleep around before Jesus even freaking existed." I pointed out agreeing with Aki.

"You both definitely have a point...." Muttered Matteo, caught in thought.

"How did I not see this?" I heard the vampire girl murmur to herself.

"You can see the future?" I guessed.

"Yes, so this makes no sense..."

"Maybe it has to do with the fact that our sister, who isn't here right now, is a shield. She might be the reason we were hidden from you." I suggested locking eyes with her.

"That could be it."

"What is your name?" I asked not breaking eye contact. She seemed very wary and uncomfortable.

"My name is Alice. This is my mate Jasper, and Edward's mate Bella."

"Nice to meet you Alice, my name is Luciana."