Chapter 13

"THIRTEEN"

"THIRTEEN"

--------------------------

My family, as well as the Cullens, ignored the stupid situation Edward created at the end of the baseball game. It was honestly like middle school all over again and I have no clue why. I may have handled the strange situation better than Emmett, but it was still weird. I felt pulled to him. Like when he was close by all I wanted was to be near him, or spend time with him. Edward seemed to find the entire situation hilarious. Deep down, I think I know Emmett must play a role in my life. It's just easier to let him be awkward and ignore the situation. Life is good as it is now. I have my family, the hybrids are safe, why risk messing that up? Anyways, the world did not need more romantic drama. We had Rosalie and Michele for that. My family was slowly figuring out the situation and it was just the beginning of the chaos that ensues when my entire family is involved.

A few days after we played baseball, Myra decided that is was time for us to have an 'adult heart to heart.' She cornered Aki and I after school. She would have cornered Maggie too, but she was over at Bella's house. Once Elizabeth and Giusy got home from work they too were cornered by Myra. She dragged us to Giusy and Liam's house in the backyard.

"Liam get out!"

"Why?" He questioned, looking up from his work that was spread out across the coffee table in front of him.

"Because we're having a girls night." Myra stated like it was obvious.

"Oh and I can't be a part of that why?" He questioned, his voice filled with sass.

"If you want, feel free to join, but knowing us, it's just going to be us catching up and Aki and I eating some ice cream." I stated moving towards the bedroom door. I glanced at Giusy, making sure she didn't care whether or not I walked into her room. She shrugged, so I opened the door and sat down on the big bed. Myra finally got Liam to leave, with the promise that he could have my room for the night. Once he was gone, Giusy and Myra joined Aki, Elizabeth and myself on the bed.

"G, how are the kids at this school?" Elizabeth questioned, referring to the preschoolers Giusy taught.

"They are amazing! I adore them. There is a little girl, her name is Emma, she comes in everyday and tells me what she had for dinner. One boy always tells me what his baby brother did the day before. Life is so simple to them. I love being able to get a glance into their lives." She mused happily.

"I love that. You took the fact that you couldn't have kids and turned it into the fuel you needed to shape those little people. I'm seriously proud of you." Myra said, happily hugging her sister-in-law.

"Thanks Mimi."

"Betty, do you like the new hospital?" I questioned turning to the human.

"I really do! I've been working with Carlisle the past few days, and he is truly an amazing doctor." She said, her eyes full of the twinkle they always held when she was interested in something. Elizabeth saw the world as though it was a book. There are ups and downs, and you may not like the actual story, but the lessons you learn from it are what is really important. She tried to learn as much as she could, whenever she could.