Chapter 15

"FIFTEEN"

"FIFTEEN"

--------------------

After a VERY large dessert, we returned home with two sleeping kids.

"I think we did well. They're knocked out." Iñaki commented, glancing at Charlotte as she slept in his arms.

"Wow Nacho, you almost look like a dad." Andrew laughed as we walked in the entry way.

"I'm insulted. Do you forget I raised two kids with Luz." He retorted, making me snort.

"You raised them? I think not. You dropped them on their heads too many times as kids and messed them up." I added, rolling my eyes.

"That is false."

"Not it's not. Why do you think we never invite them anywhere? Because you broke them and they turned out like mini you's and would burn our entire house down."

"Wait, when did this happen? And where are they now?" Andrew questioned confused.

"It was a few hundred years ago. Hybrid twins were born in Russia and Iñaki and I had to go, quote on quote, raise them. They still live in Russia." I explained.

"Yeah, they're literally mini Iñaki's. I steer clear of them at all costs. Most times when us hybrids meet up it's like a weird family reunion or club meeting, but when the twins show up, we have to fire proof everything." Aki agreed taking Keiri's sleeping form from her husband. "I'm going to run her upstairs. Nacho you might want to put Char to bed too."

The two of them sped off to the top floor. Andrew and I slowly walked over to the living room.

"How was dinner?" Nicola asked from his spot on the couch.

"Pretty good. We pumped your kid full of sugar." I responded, plopping down on the couch next to him.

"Greeeaaat. Did she at least crash from her sugar high after you left the restaurant?"

"Yeah, we made sure to leave before the tears started running."

"I forgot Charlie was a tired crier." Myra laughed from the other couch where she was reading.

"Yeah, it's never a pretty sight. I blame her mother." Nicola stated.

"You blame me for what?" Elizabeth asked walking through the front door at the perfect time.

"For Charlie being a tired crier."

"That's my fault? Does no one remember who would cuddle her the second she stubbed her toe? She's a daddy's girl and you made her what she is today." Betty retorted walking over to smack her husband's shoulder before she pecked him. "Sorry I missed the dinner Lucy. I ended up staying even later than we originally thought. Carlisle had to go home to celebrate Bella's birthday, so I ended up having to get a ride from a different co-worker."