Chapter 20

Hi y'all!

Hope everyone is doing well! I just wanted to pop in and say that I am going to start posting every three days or so. I have a fairly good idea of where I want this story to go, but I am starting to second guess my writing style and I want to make sure what I'm putting out here is worth your time at the very least.

Thank you to everyone who is reading and voting!

Love,
Maria

---------------------------------------------------------------------

"TWENTY"

"TWENTY"

----------------------

"I swear to god! I cannot." I groaned hitting my head on the counter for the fourth time in the last twenty minutes.

"I warned you not to listen." Emmett chuckled looking over at me.

"You family has like eight different couples how is this not a daily occurrence for you?" Jasper questioned, still laughing at how uncomfortable I was with what was going on upstairs.

"We purposefully separate things in the house. The two couples who don't have kids live out in the backyard houses so we don't have to be involved in... THAT. Yes I live on the same floor as two couples, but one has an almost one year old living with them and the other has two kids so it's not too much of an issue." I explained, my face turned up in disgust. A very audible sound came from upstairs and I latched my eyes shut. Emmett chuckled at me before wrapping his big arms around me, pulling me close to his chest. It helped block one ear more properly.

"Thanks." I murmured.

"No problem. Any excuse for me to be close to you." He laughed. We stood there for a minute or two, me trying to ignore the sounds coming into my ears, when I heard the click of a camera.

"Alice." Emmett groaned.

"What?" I asked confused. "Why is there a camera?"

"Because the two of you are cute. I had to document it. Especially since the two of you have agreed not to be together for sooooo long." Alice responded, dramatically waving her arms around. Jasper laughed at his mate, sending me a small smile.

"Alice, don't guilt me. It wouldn't work right now. And anyways, it's not like I'm not here. I'm literally standing here in my mate's arms." I complained, opening my eyes, just to roll them at her.

"Whatever." Alice chuckled at my sass. "Do we want to go explore town? I know the three of us have already been there way too many times, but let's show Lucy."

"Okay, but if we're walking, I need to find a jacket and some gloves. It's cold here!" I agreed.

"I have that covered! Come with me." Alice cheered, pulling me away. We went downstairs to what I assume is her and Jasper's room.