Who would have thought

I was starting to think that he wouldn't come. I mean, what was his deal? I probably knew him better then he knew him self, and I could tell that he was bothered.

Just when I was getting ready to call it a night, his familar head peeked through one of the doors.

"You up?" He asked quietly.

The lights were of, and I still didn't have my TV, so my room was pitch black almost, slithers of light leaking through the open door.

"Barely." He came in and shut the door, plunging us both back into the dark. I felt the bed jostle a little as he climbed in. "Sleep over?"

"Sleep over." He repeated.

I listend to our breath rise and fall evenly, contemplating on whether not I should ask what I'd been burning to. "Caleb?"

"Yes Tab?" I could almost see him smiling.

"Did I do something...wrong...today?" My breath shook a little. For some reason, his prior attitude had stuck out in my mind. Clearly something had been bothering him.

He sighed deeply before answering. "No, of course not."

"Then why do I feel like you're upset?" I could just barely see the outline of his lips. He was almost frowning.

"It's nothing Tab. I was only a little peeved. But not with you."

"Amber?" I said simply. Whatever was going on between was their buisness. He'd tell me if he wanted me to know.

He paused before speaking. "Yeah. Amber."

I nodded. "Okay, just checking."

He chuckkled a little, pulling me towards him and resting his head on mine. "You are something."

"What'd I say?" I felt my brows knit togther.

He shook his head with a grin. "Nothing, just go to sleep."

I almost was asleep when my phone buzzed on the night stand. It sent the room into an eerie glow as it lit up.

With a yawn, I reached over to retrieve it. I was surprised to see Josh's face pop up. Caleb stirred a litrle before turning over on his other side and falling back to sleep.

"Hello?" I nearly whispered.

"Were you sleeping?" His voice was deep and sultury.

Instantly, that silly smile of mine invaded my face. I slipped out of the bed, doing my best in not jostling Caleb. I tiptoed down the hall and into the livingroom. Dad had gone to bed.

"No." I said in a normal voice.

"Oh. Well, sorry for calling you so late anyway." He half laughed.

I sat on the couch criss-crossed. Simply hearing his voice made me feel all strange.

"It's fine. I thought you had forgotten about me."

"No, I was just a little busy. That's all."

I nodded. "So about Friday..."

He laughed. "Yeah, about that. "

I could the heat risimg to my cheeks. "What time were you thinking?"

He paused. "Well...if we all went, maybe around six. If it was just the....um two of us, I figured we could, I don't know, get something to eat first. Or," he cleared his throat. "After is fine?"

I couldn't believe my ears. It was almost as if we were going on a date. No, that couldn't be possible. He was only taking me because he knew I liked art. Guys like him didn't an intrest like that in girls like me. It never really got passed the friend stage.