Three can play

"Tabitha, hey, you gotta get up." He pestered.

"Go away." I mumbled.

I had been throwing up since four this morning, and the last thing that I wanted to think about was getting up to go to school. It was official, the docotor had told me that, by a miracle, I was still pregnant. I felt like I was seven months instead of seven weeks.

It had been a few days since I had visited the doctor, yet I still hadn't gotten around to telling every one the news. Everyone except Caleb. I figured I should tell them soon becuase I was going to need my family. And besides, weren't you suppose to share mircales? Although it didn't feel like one, it was one, my baby was still alive after the scare we all had.

I still remember the shock from just a month ago when I found out that I was pregnant with Caleb'sbaby, and then the even bigger shock and devastation when I thought that I had lost that baby. Now, I was sick out of my mind because of that same baby.

"Tab, you're burning up." Caleb said calmly. "Are you okay?"

"No Caleb, what the hell do you think." I grumbled.

I had never been a mean person, I was actually the exact opposite, shy, and too afriad to say more then two words to the same person. Now my attitude was up in the air almost all of the time. I even offened Josh a few times.

He had grown use to my snappy attitude in just a few days, already being able to ignore it. "Alright, I'll stay with you." He sighed a little.

"Caleb, you don't have to stay here. Go to school alright."

"What and leave you here alone? I don't think so." He argued.

I sighed and pulled the covers over my head. He was treating me like a child.

"If I need anythinh I'll just go to Rachel."

"Yes, but does she know about the baby?" He retorted.

I groaned. "Why must you insist on arguing me down on this?"

"Tabitha, you're stubborn, and you always have been."

"I'm fine Caleb! I just want you to go away!"

"Tabjtha you have a fever." He said with a hint of exhaustian in his voice.

I groaned as a wave of nausea travled up. Trying to push the symtom aside wasn't getting any easier, Caleb could tell because he placed the waste bin in front of me. When I was done, he tossed me an "I told you so" look.

"Still want me to leave?" He sat on the edge of the bed and watched me, his blue eyes holding mine.

I sighed. I hated the fact that I was becoming so dependent on him. He was my only ally right now, and because of that, he was the onky one who understood what was going on with me.

Swallowing my pride, I shook my head. Of course I didn't want him to leave, not ever.

The day went by pretty much uneventful. All I did, and all I wanted to do was sleep. Nothing less, nothing more. Josh texted me a few times, and I'd finally called him back, he was going to come over after school.

I had decided to get up and do something productive, classwork was starting to rack up and I didn't want to fall behind already.

I was sitting at the island in the kitchen munching on a bag of ships and doing Storchiometry homework with Caleb when the doorbell rung.

I could already feel the anticipation bubbling in my stomach as I ran to answer. I felt like it had been too long since I last saw him. He stood there with a sideways smirk.