Road Trip

"I can't believe they said yes." I breathed. The trunk was packed and the snacks were stacked.

Caleb grinned like a fool as I backed out of the driveway. We both waived to our patents who were seeing us off. The sun was hanging low in the sky but was still out. The GPS came built in the car, so all I had to do was follow its directions.

Caleb and I were going alone. He called it personal Taga Long time. Once we were on the road, Caleb settled into his seat.

"Dude, I can't believe we're actually doing this."

"It was your idea. We're doomed now."

He laughed. "Don't worry, I won't let anyone hack you to pieces."

"Gee, thanks Caleb, that's real nice." I said sarcastically.

"So, what's the plan? What do we do when we get there?"

I shook my head. "We'll it's just after four now, and when we get there, it'll be dark out so...I don't know. Go eat?"

He shrugged. "Fine by me."

"Are you sure Amber won't mind this?"

He was on his phone playing a game. "Mind what?"

"This. You know, us alone together in the mountains..."

He laughed. "Well, when you say it like that..." He shook his head. "No one on this planet comes before you Tab. And besides, what do you suppose we'll be doing?" He chuckled.

I felt my cheeks burn. "Shutup Caleb."

We talked about everything and nothing the entire way there. The sun had set about thirty minutes before we got there.

The cabin was located inside a resort area. We had passed different places to eat, but decided to unload and call our parents first.

The place was bigger than I remembered and had a nice rustic feel to it. Caleb brought the bags in as I called my dad. After wishing us a good time, he hung up.

I walked inside, finding Caleb setting my bags down in one of the rooms.

"What are you doing?"

He cocked a brow. "Putting your bags in your room?"

"Oh no. No, no, no. It was your idea to come here. I am not sleeping by myself."

He laughed. "Alright, calm down." I followed close by him as he transferred the bags into one room.

The large place was scary at night. It had high vaulted ceilings with giant windows that looked out to the black sky. Caleb pressed a button, giant black curtains slowly making their way across.

"I'm gonna go get changed. Put on something nice. I know just were to go."

I followed as ordered and showered quickly. It was colder up here, so I blow dried my hair and put on a dark blue turtle neck that hugged to my body with a leather jacket.

Caleb was sitting on the couch flipping through channels. He turned when he saw me.

"Took you long enough, remind me to check for grays." With a roll of my eyes I followed him out to the car.

The cabin was on a hill, so driving up it was a bit steep, but we managed.

"I'm so excited, I'm almost shaking." Caleb couldn't stop smiling.

I laughed. "If only I was too."

He cut his eyes with a smirk, shoving me playfully on the arm. "Don't be such a kill joy, it's your birthday weirdo."