Starry eyed

"I feel like I could stay right here forever." I said against the damp breeze quietly.

Josh had driven to the lake, and we watched the sun set and the stars come out on the hood of his car.

He made a little noise in the back of his throat. "Me to." A moment of calm silence enveloped us. This environment was comfortable, carefree even, and it was a place I had come to love.

"Ever wonder what it would be like to hold a star?" He asked absentmindedly.

I giggled. "Hot?"

He rolled his eyes a nudged me playfully. "But, if you could have any star in the sky as a gift, would you take it?"

I breathed deeply, actually giving my answer some thought.

"No." I said finally. "The stars are too precious for anyone to ever hold, and too powerful for any human being to ever claim as their own. They are right where they need to be; in a place for us to admire them."

He watched me for a moment before breaking into a smirk. "A yes is more of what I was looking for, but, I can see where you're coming from, seeming that there are always stars in your eyes anyway."

I laughed, smacking him on the arm in the process. "That was so cheesey."

He smirked. "I know, but it's true."

I could tell he was being serious by the way he was looking at me. He took his hand and stroked the side of my face. I wrapped my hand around his and shut my eyes.

Every time we touched, even in the slightest of ways, I felt this knot in my stomach, like, if I moved to fast I would puke. It made me too excited.

I couldn't see him, but I could feel his body hovering slightly over me.

"Tabitha," I peeked at him through one eye. "Look at me." He said softly.

When I opened my eyes, I could still see his blue eyes in the light of the moon. I already knew that look in them, he was eager.

In the same moment, his lips crashed against mine. Already I could feel the knotting in my stomach. My throat burned in pain almost, but in a good way. I loved the feeling I was feeling, I couldn't tell you exactly what it was, but I liked it.

When we were both breathless, he pulled back and rested his head on mine. My heart slowly fell back to its normal pace, and I was almost able to speak again.

"You're really...good at that." I said shakily.

He laughed. "You should thank my pillow."

"Remind me to do so." I smirked.

With a small peck on the lips, he pulled us both into standing position.

"I think I should get you home now. It's getting late, and besides, Caleb has already blown up my phone half a billion times."

I felt my eyes roll. "Don't mind him, he's just being a party pooper."

He laughed. Of course I was a little behind on the lango of my peers.

"This is a party?" He smirked.

I shrugged, hoping that the darkness concealed the red that was creeping onto my face.

Before I could answer, I found our lips back on each other. This time, the kiss was gentle, and sweet. His hand rested on my waist and the small of my back, while mine laced around his neck.

When our lips detached, he kissed me on my forehead. "I had fun tonight."

I nodded. "So did I."