chapter 4

Two days in the disciplinary unit may not seem all that bad, but let me be the first to tell you: it was awful. I don't exactly deal with boredom all that well and that's exactly all the solitary is. You're locked in a tiny one person cell for 22 hours of the day and they don't give you anything that would help pass the time. No paper, no books, no music. Nothing.

    The lights are left on the entire time so my inter clock got messed up. My time outside of my cell was in an enclosed gym by myself where I just ran around in an attempt to get out all of my energy. But throughout my whole punishment, I kept thinking of one thing. What happened to Perrie?

    I never saw anyone else for the entirety of my time in solitary so I couldn't tell if she was in there with me. God I hope she isn't here. She talks to fill space most of the time and there would be nobody there to talk to.

    When my two days of agony were up, I was woken up from a nap and escorted back to my regular pod. It was past lights out when the door to to pod opened up, making it slightly harder to navigate (although the CO did have a death grip on my arm and guided me).

    The CO yelled for the door to my cell to be opened, forcing me inside and removing the handcuffs. As soon as the CO left the door, I was attacked in a hug by a flash of blonde. After I recovered from my moment of being shocked, I smiled slightly and hugged her back. She missed me.

    Perrie led me back to my bunk and sat us down.

    "What happened to you?" She whispered, "We went into lockdown for the rest of the night and a bunch of CO's came in and took your stuff. Sorry, I tried to save a couple letters or drawings your sister sent you but I wasn't quick enough." I waved her off.

    "It's fine blondie, really. Thank you though,"

    "Are you okay? The other girl has a pretty bad black eye and her arm was in a sling last I saw her." That sort of shocked me. I was a little sore the next day and I had a couple bruises on my arms and torso, but apparently I was far better off than the other girl.

    "Really? Did she say anything to you," Perrie shook her head.

    "Besides glaring at me she's left me alone," I nodded and let out a rather large yawn. "Oh sorry, I should let you sleep," She stood up to leave me alone but I caught her by her wrist.

    "You know, it's pretty cold. Did you want to stay down here tonight?" Perrie flashed me a smile and nodded.

    We got settled on my bed, Perrie laid her head on my left arm and wrapped her tiny arms around my waist.

    "I missed you," She whispered. I leaned over and planted a kiss on her forehead, letting my lips linger for a bit.

    "Me too," She hugged me slightly and gave a peck on the cheek.

    "Goodnight Jade,"

    "Goodnight Perrie,"

~~~~~~~~~~

    "Jade!" I groaned and rolled over. The lights weren't even on yet meaning it was before 6 am.

    "Go back to sleep blondie,"

    "No Jade, look," I rubbed the sleep out of my eyes and glanced up at her. Through the dark she was smiling down at me holding up a sign that said happy birthday and a small package wrapped in printer paper. "Happy Birthday!"

    I smiled and sat up. She handed me the small package and sat next to me.

    "Obviously I can't really do much but I requested this a while ago and I got it yesterday so... yeah," She rambled a bit, probably because she was nervous, "Open it!" she urged.