chapter 11

"Okay Jade you're going to need to take it easy for the next two to four weeks, we'll keep up your pain medication just in case, but otherwise you need to just be nice to your hand, any questions?"

I shook my head at the nurse, examining my hand carefully. My knuckle seemed to be a little out of place and it was still a bit bruised but other than that it looked alright.

"I'm going to have them hold off on handcuffs for the time being, and I want you to keep your arm lightly bandaged in a sling for the bruises, and no strenuous physical activity, keep it at a light jog" I nodded dumbly as she gently placed my arm in a sling, adjusting it so it fit me. "Alright Jade, I'll let you go back to class now, stay out of trouble, I don't want to see you back here," I smiled and thanked her as I was escorted out.

When I re-entered the classroom, Perrie's head instantly shot up and looked at me.

I raised my arm slightly to show her that the brace was off with a shrug of my shoulders. She watched me take my seat and as I struggled to write with my left hand, I could still feel her eyes on me.

I can't lie. I kind of enjoyed it.

~~~~~~~~~~

"Jade I don't think that's smart,"

"Relax, my hand feels fine, it's just a plank," Perrie gave me a weird look and shook her head.

"I just don't want you to injure yourself any more than you already are."

"My hand is healed and I'm tired of just walking around, let me do a plank," I insisted, getting into the plank position on the grass. Perrie shook her head and took a seat next to me, her eyes trained on my hand. "What are you doing?"

"I can tell you're not going to listen to me so I'm going to spot you,"

"Spot me... while doing a plank?" I asked, raising an eyebrow at her.

"You don't seem to care about what you do to your body, someone has to, so I'm spotting you," Perrie shrugged.

Ever since my mom died, I felt like my attention had to be elsewhere. I had to make sure my sister was doing okay, I had to help out my brother with anything he needed, I had to make sure my dad wasn't generally angry with things going on inside the house. Not to mention school and trying to make everything look like my home life was great to any stranger. But with all of my attention being divided and everyone around me's attention being divided, my own well being often took a back seat. I've always been so used to making reckless decisions without really thinking about my own safety, but here Perrie was, spotting me doing a damn plank because she didn't want me to get hurt.

I sat back on my feet and looked at her with my head tilted to the side.

"Why do you care about me so much?" I asked.

"Why wouldn't I care about you?" She threw back at me.

"Sorry, I guess that should be sort of obvious. I guess I'm not used to other people particularly caring about what I do," Perrie reached forward and grabbed my hand that wasn't wrapped in bandages.

"I've cared about what you do since the first time you let me sleep in your bunk with you," She said, "Now, do you want to get back our jog? I think we still have like 10 minuets left before we have to go back inside," I nodded and let her pull me up, kind of scared how easily it is for her to convince me to do anything. She could probably convince me to jump off a cliff for no clear reason yet I would still do it.

It wasn't until I was lying awake in my bunk listening to Jackie's slight snores later that night when I realized something. Why Perrie could convince me to do anything easily. Why I found her so infatuating. Why I could never seem to get properly mad at her despite some of the things she's done. Why I was constantly thinking of her. And my epiphany was nothing short of absolutely terrifying.

I'm in love with Perrie Edwards.

AN: and I thought last chapter was short... sorry I really thought this one would be longer. 

next chapter I'm gonna shake things up :) not in a bad way, I promise, just something different.

what do you think is going to happen next?

stay safe everyone!