chapter 7

I was extremely excited. Beyond excited. For the first time in nearly two years I was going to get to go out into the real world. Granted, I was going to be escorted by both Mrs. Rodrigez and multiple cops wearing both a belly and leg chain, but at least I was going outside.

"Are you nervous?" Perrie asked me about an hour before I was supposed to be transported out. I put down my final draft of my statement and looked up at her.

"Kind of, but at the same time I'm excited," I said, "I haven't seen the outside world in so long,"

"Are you going to be back by tonight?"

"No, I'm staying the night in the county jail in my town and then coming back tomorrow morning," She nodded slowly, her eyes focused on a spot on the floor.

"I'm gonna miss you," She said, her voice barely above a whisper. I turned her head and forced her to look at me.

"I'll be back before you know it, don't worry," I said. I glanced at the door to make sure no one was looking before quickly pecking her lips, "I'm going to miss you too," She nodded and gave me a small smile, "Now, can you help me look as good as I can while I'm stuck here," I said, handing her my comb.

She grabbed it and got to work on making my hair look presentable for court. Just as she finished up doing my hair, A CO opened the rectangular slot and called for me to cuff up.

"Wish me luck," I said to Perrie, standing up and making my way to the door.

"You'll do great," she reassured me. I gave her a final smile before I turned around and followed the CO outside.

~~~~~~~~~~

The ride back to my home town was awful. I spent the entire three hour drive from Springfield up to Rockford sandwiched between two CO's with my hands bound to my stomach and my feet chained together. By the time we pulled up to Winnebago County Jail, my ass felt like it was about to fall off.

When I jumped down from the van, I nearly fell over, but Mrs Rodrigez steadied me before my ass could get any more bruised. I gave her a small smile before I was pushed into the doors of the county jail.

Last time I was here, it was less than pleasant. I spent about a week in segregation because I'm a minor before I actually went to trial, and in that week I had no contact with the outside world. I spent nearly every night in tears, completely regretting what I did. Karl didn't have any money to give me and dad flat out refused to send me anything so I couldn't order any commissary or do all that much. It was awful.

I was escorted back into the exact same solitary cell I was put in when I was first here. Once the door was shut behind me, Mrs Rodrigez spoke to me through the food slot.

"I'll be back to get you in a bit and we'll go to the court house then, alright?" I nodded.

"Do you think I'll be able to see either of my siblings today?" I asked.

"Honestly, I have no idea, but I can try to pull some strings for you, alright?" I nodded again before she shut the slot and walked away.

I sighed and sat on the hard bed, not sure what else to do. After I had gotten over my initial wonder of being outside again, I went over what I wanted to tell the judge repeatedly until I fell asleep for a half an hour or so, and by then we were passing sights I recognized. While we drove through town, a new anxiety started looming over me. What if someone I knew saw me?

I've had no contact with any of my friends since I was arrested. Karl mentioned in passing that there was a news story on me once so I can only assume that they're aware of what happened to me, but that's about it. I can't lie, it kind of hurts that none of them have at least tried to contact me.