CHAPTER 4: SCHOOL - IS YOUR FACE REALLY........THAT BIG?

It was exactly seven o’clock in the morning when Yang Wei’s alarm clock rang.

She groped around her pillow and subconsciously called out, “Curly…”

As she’d just woken up, her voice carried a much softer tone than when she normally spoke, but no one responded to her call. Yang Wei frowned. How come Curly-bae hadn’t woken her up to eat breakfast today?

She finally found her phone once she’d flipped over Qi Xiao Yan’s pillow. The instant she turned off the alarm, however, she remembered that she and Qi Xiao Yan were divorced.

She simply lay there on the bed, tired and at a loss, for two minutes before wildly springing up from her blanket cocoon and rushing to the bathroom.

Study hall started at 7:45AM. Originally, this had nothing to do with her; everything was fine so long as she managed to arrive at school before 8:20AM. This semester, however, the homeroom teacher responsible for the second class of fifth grade students had taken three months of maternity leave. Yang Wei had unfortunately been chosen as the substitute teacher for this class.

It was reasonable to say that this teacher’s work shouldn’t have fallen on her, an art teacher, but the rest of teachers had all firmly expressed that they were very busy and that they couldn’t supervise another class. In her heart, Yang Wei clearly understood that a homeroom teacher earned several hundred yuan more than an elective teacher, but they also had to manage many more tasks; no one wanted to strain their hearts to such an extent. Furthermore, it seemed that she really was the one with the most free time among the staff.

She washed her face with lightning speed before curling her hair into loose waves down her front. Afterward, she urgently rushed to her wardrobe, where clothes akin to aesthetic, glittering jewels were neatly arranged. Yang Wei stroked her chin as she considered them for three seconds and then began putting together an outfit. A white pleated blouse, a deep blue collarless jacket, a pair of casual, black work pants… OK!

Yang Wei grabbed a nude pink handbag from the sofa in the living room, slipped into a pair of low-heeled leather shoes at the doorway, and then dashed out of the building. It was 7:24AM when she reached her neighborhood’s gate. Her neighborhood was near the school she worked at. Previously, Qi Xiao Yan would drive her to every morning in ten minutes. As Qi Xiao Yan’s ex-wife, however, it was clear that she could no longer enjoy this service from now on.

Taking the public bus would definitely make her late, but she could hail a taxi at the intersection ahead. As there weren’t a lot of taxi drivers at this time, two or three people were standing there. Yang Wei ran up and joined the ranks of those waiting for a ride. Soon afterward, an open taxi appeared in the distance, and Yang Wei felt the atmosphere around her transform.

Something was burning in the air—

Fighting spirit.

The people that had originally been standing there contently all suddenly fixed their postures, anxiously awaiting the open taxi’s arrival. When the taxi stopped, everyone—striving to be first—rushed toward it. The first person to grab the door handle was a man clothed in a suit with a crew cut. The moment he took hold of the decisive opportunity, the others all embarrassedly returned to their original places to wait. The man with the crew cut proudly adjusted his tie and opened the door. He then turned to Yang Wei and said in a gentlemanly manner, “Miss, do you wish to take this ride?”