Epilogue 5 - Mommy Isn't Home Today (part 2)

Parent activity day ended after lunch. The kindergarten did not hold classes in the afternoon, so parents were asked to take their children home.

However, Qi Xiao Yan still had two classes to teach that afternoon, and Yang Wei had specifically told him that he couldn't leave their son alone at home. He had to be taken to the university.

Qi Rang had fallen into the habit of taking a nap after lunch, and by the time Qi Xiao Yan's car parked in the lot of Imperial City University, he had already fallen asleep in his seat.

After ruminating over his sleeping son for a few seconds, Qi Xiao Yan did not wake him up, but instead hefted him in his arms. It was naptime across the board, so a good many students were resting in their own dorm rooms, and the school was quiet. Holding Qi Rang, Qi Xiao Yan strode through the campus. From the lush canopy overhead, the sun occasionally broke through to cast its dappled light upon them.

Every once in a while, students would pass by after their midday meal and show a shocked, curious expression upon seeing Professor Qi carrying a child. However, no one approached, apparently afraid of waking the child up. A few girls secretly photographed the scene with their phones, and wasted no time posting them onto the campus forum.

Oh my God, I think I've just seen Professor Qi's son! Professor & Son charm value MAX! HD photos should be consumed with caution!

Such a shocking title, of course, quickly attracted the same sort of shocking classmates. Though it was obviously nap time, the girls’ dorms were boiling over like chicken blood.

"Are you still asleep? Professor Qi brought his son to school, hurry and wake up!"

"Oh my God! That kid is so freaking adorable! Professor Qi must have been just like this when he was young! I think I've found my motivation for math again!"

"Are you sure that little lump he's carrying is his son?”

“Are you blind? Look at his curly hair and his clever little face. Still think it's your son?”

"..."

Professor Qi had no knowledge of the boiling-over state of the dorms. He was busy laying the sleeping Qi Rang onto his office sofa.

Covering the boy with a coat, he made his way back to the desk, planning to work on a paper for a little while.

Rays of sunshine brushed the room, and time seemed to slow. The occasional breeze passing through the window touched the thick professional books on the table with their light fingers, and only the sound of pages flipped could be heard in that quiet space.

Then footsteps approached from faraway and Professor Wu walked in. "Xiao Yan, I hear you brought your son to school?"

Qi Xiao Yan raised his head to look up at him. "How did you know?”

Professor Wu raised an eyebrow and handed him the phone. “It's all over the forum.”

Qi Xiao Yan took the phone and scrolled through the replies.

"Unbelievable! Professor Qi has such a warm side! Can't he be nice to us sometimes too?!"

"That's is the difference between a son and a student. Upstairs, we'll just have to accept our fate (╯_╰)╭"