Chapter 45

The next day, Qi Xiao Yan woke Yang Wei up. Fumbling with her phone, she found that it was already seven o'clock.

A little shocked and weirded out, she wondered, "Why didn't my alarm clock ring?" She had always set it to 6:40am, and hadn't adjusted it at all.

Qi Xiao Yan stood by the bed, watching her. Even though she had just woken, it looked like she had already finished washing up. "The alarm is too noisy, and I was afraid it might scare you. I decided to wake you myself."

Yang Wei looked at him, blinking, and did not express her feelings.

"Get up quick, breakfast is ready." Qi Xiao Yan turned and left. Slowly, Yang Wei climbed out of bed, digging out a navy blue striped dress from the closet and putting it on. After washing, she headed to to the dining room, where laid out on the table was a bowl of oatmeal, a small bowl of steamed egg custard, and a small cup of milk.

Yang Wei pulled out a chair and sat down, then looked at him with a raised brow. "How fancy! What time did you get up?"

"It didn't take long." Qi Xiao Yan was having the same meal as she, but with a larger portion size. He handed her a cup of warm lemonade. "I made this specially for you to relieve morning sickness."

Yang Wei took a sip of lemonade. Her heart was bubbling over with happiness. This must be what it felt like to be a little maid who was suddenly made into an empress.

She hadn't vomited much recently, but her appetite was much better than before. Although Qi Xiao Yan had given her a smaller portion knowing that she didn't eat much, he thought that he could make her a normal breakfast tomorrow based on the current situation.

When Yang Wei had eaten and drank enough, she went back into the bedroom to do her hair. When she came out, her dark hair was fastened to one side with a flower rhinestone hairpin. It looked fashionable and pretty. "How does it look?"

"It's beautiful." Qi Xiao Yan bowed his head to kiss her, then took her by the hand and made his way to the door. "If you don't hurry, you'll be late."

Yang Wei followed him into the car. As it started, Qi Xiao Yan told her, "I'll pick you up after work."

She thought about it. "Isn't running back and forth like that inconvenient for you?" After all, there were a good many things in the university that demanded Qi Xiao Yan's attention, and it wasn't a small distance between Imperial City University and the city.

"It doesn't matter. I'll talk to the school leadership today." Speaking of which, he felt like Yang Wei's school should also know. Thinking so, he met with the leader of the fifth grade at the school gate.

The grade leader was a middle-aged man who looked warm and gentle, but actually had quite a hot temper. He could be quite sarcastic when ripping into a person, and Yang Wei was just a little bit scared of him, much like she had been afraid of her class teacher when in school. However, Professor Qi had no such worries. He and the grade leader had a good long chat at the school gate.

"What, Teacher Yang is pregnant?" The loud exclamation of the grade leader attracted the looks from a lot of passers-by. Even the fat security guard at the door pricked up his ears.

Qi Xiao Yan nodded. "I hope that the school can take a little extra care of her." Students in elementary school weren't the same as those in university. It was the age when they were most lively and active, and he was really worried.