CHAPTER 8: FIRST LOVE - ACTUALLY, JUST LIKE COUNTLESS OTHERS, I HAD A CRUSH ON A

Song Xiao Fang was Song Jin’s real name. When she’d begun her career, the company had disdained the fact that her name wasn’t pleasant to hear and had thus given her the stage name ‘Song Jin.’ Her excited voice was dispersed by the wind as Qi Xiao Yan didn’t react much to her name.

Song Jin continued to gaze at him, her smile gradually fading. “You don’t remember me?”

Qi Xiao Yan replied, “I remember you. I’m just a bit surprised.”

His ice-cold voice was like the purest crystal—just like Song Jin remembered.

Her fading smile lit up once more, and she couldn’t help but walk up to his side. “How long has it been since we last saw each other? Ten years?” Qi Xiao Yan was more mature than she’d remembered and had only become even more attractive with the passage of time.

She still wanted to talk some more, but when she saw some students walking their way, she instinctively grabbed his hand and dragged him inside of the school building to hide. The first floor’s pillar blocked the students’ view of them as Song Jin watched them walk out of sight. She then turned to Qi Xiao Yan and said with a slightly apologetic smile, “I apologize for the inconvenience.”

“It’s fine.” Qi Xiao Yan didn’t appear to care in the slightest.

Song Jin smiled and then asked, “Are you teaching here now?”

“Mn.”

“Teaching math?”

“Mn.”

Song Jin couldn’t resist giggling when she heard this. “You really haven’t changed at all. I’m truly both envious and sympathetic toward your students.”

Qi Xiao Yan didn’t reply to her comment. Song Jin looked up at him, and her lips faintly quirked upward. “When do you have some free time? I’ll treat you to a meal.”

Qi Xiao Yan replied, “You must be busy.”

Song Jin smiled lightly and countered, “I can always make time for a meal.”

Qi Xiao Yan thought about it for a moment but didn’t refuse her again. “Then, alright. I can go whenever you have time.”

“Fantastic!” Song Jin beamed happily. “Then let’s exchange phone numbers; I’ll contact you when I’m free.”

“Mn.”

Once she obtained Qi Xiao Yan’s number, Song Jin looked up and realized that her assistant had found her. She hurriedly bid Qi Xiao Yan farewell. However, after taking a few steps, she turned around again and gestured for him to call her. Qi Xiao Yan stood there and eyed her for a few seconds. He then turned around and walked toward the stairs.

The morning passed by quickly. While the students all rushed towards the cafeteria, 《Youthful Era》’s crew had boxed meals delivered. Song Jin disdained the cast’s boxed meals because they were too greasy, however, and always brought her own food. Their lunch break was only thirty minutes long, fifteen of which were allocated to 《Star News’ 30 Minutes》 magazine’s exclusive interview.

The journalist for the interview was a polite lady who appeared to be around the same age as Song Jin. When she arrived at the studio, she courteously handed her press pass to Song Jin for her to examine. “Hello, I’m the journalist for 《Star News’ 30 Minutes》 magazine.”