Chapter 31

Song Jin had taken an hour's leave from filming and run off to town to find Yang Wei. However, her condition on return was poor, and the number of her NG's had increased significantly.

Zhang Cheng Yi, who played the leading role in the production, was getting a little impatient. "Weren't you claiming to be the 'Showbiz Top Student'? How many times do you have to repeat such a simple line?"

She regarded him silently. "It's on me for getting NGs, but don't put the blame on me for your poor album sales."

His brow wrinkled up. "What are you're implying? Do you really think that having the title of 'Top Student' makes you a cut above the rest of us? That's just your company's PR packaging."

Seeing that the male and female protagonists were itching to start a fight, the director hurried up to calm them down. "Little Zhang, remember, you're a male god, so pay attention to your manners. And Little Song, you really aren't in good condition right now. Please adjust yourself as soon as possible."

Zhang Cheng Yi and Song Jin met each other's eyes, then returned to the rest area. The director heaved a sigh of relief. There were quite a number of students looking on, and he had no wish to wake up tomorrow to see a catfight on the news between his male and female protagonists.

As the sky began to darken, the director called it a wrap for the day and the staff began to tidy up. Song Jin followed her assistant to the nanny car. Just as she placed a foot into the body of the van, someone called out to her from behind.

Song Jin paused, and upon turning around, saw Qi Xiao Yan walking in her direction. The orange sunset stretched his shadow out behind him. "Do you have a minute? I have something to say to you."

Her lips quirked up a little, and she took off her sunglasses. “I was on my way home.”

As he was about to reply, from not far away came the whisper of a few girls. “Isn't that Professor Qi? He knows Song Jin?”

Song Jin put her sunglasses back on and climbed quickly back onto her van. “Let's get on. We can speak later.”

Qi Xiao Yan hesitated, then followed her into the vehicle. Eventually, the nanny van stopped at the apartment building where Song Jin lived. She tapped her fingers lightly on the back of his hand, and turning toward him, asked, “Shall we go up and speak?”

Although she phrased it as a question, she immediately opened the door and got off without waiting for the answer. Her assistant watched curiously in the rearview mirror, and Qi Xiao Yan met her gaze briefly before getting off as well.

Song Jin made a pot of coffee and poured them each a cup. Meanwhile, Qi Xiao Yan sat opposite her, silent, with no intention of drinking. Smiling, she picked up her coffee cup and took a sip. "How serious you look! You always remind me of Professor Joyce. Do you still remember him? He was only here one semester, but I'll never forget it. I still remember how he cursed when..."

"I'm not here to reminisce with you."

Song Jin’s eyes shook. She set her cup down with a clack and no longer said a word. The two sat silent for a while, and Qi Xiao Yan was just about to speak when she interrupted, "Before you say anything, will you first listen to what I have to say?"

He nodded.

Holding her steaming cup of coffee out in front of her, she laughed wryly at herself. "Do you know why I first entered the entertainment circle?"