Chapter 42

The students were bubbling up to see how Li Gou Dan had advanced by leaps and bounds.

Nine Nine Eight: Congratulations to classmate Li Gou Dan for successfully completing the leap from kindergarten to fifth grade. [Applause]

Kiki's Meow: A congratulatory telegram from your senior sister.

Cocoa: Did you paint a flower fairy?

Li Gou Dan: No, my wife :)

Yang Wei: "........................"

Say it louder for the people in the back! What the hell was the problem with the students in this class, huh! Huh?!

"Let's recess for a ten-minute break. We will discuss the rest of the homework afterward." Yang Wei then closed the teaching software, picked up the phone on the desk and made a call to Qi Xiao Yan. The call connected quickly, but before he could say a word, she had already begun yelling into the microphone. "Qi Xiao Yan, what the hell is wrong with you?! Is it fun coming to my class in your Li Gou Dan alt account?!"

When put beside Yang Wei's bad temper, Qi Xiao Yan seemed even more straight-faced than normal. "I think it's very interesting."

Yang Wei: "..."

"Bull! The registration fee for that class is three thousand yuan! Why don't you just help the government build roads if you have so much money to waste?!"

"I wanted to build you up instead."

Yang Wei: "..."

Before she had even become aware of it, Professor Qi had already cultivated to the highest level of what people called 'the most shameless under the sun'.

"Darling, I never wanted to divorce you right from the beginning. I was hoping that learning to draw might help me learn more about you."

"...Must I make you a math paper in exchange?"

"... I wouldn't mind."

Yang Wei’s jaw twitched. From the other end of the line, Qi Xiao Yan called, “Darling.”

“Hmm?”

“I also wanted to hear your voice.”

Yang Wei choked on her own saliva and fell silent. Not only was Professor Qi thick-skinned, but he had even somehow become good at saying loving words! "Did you find those words from the Internet? The Complete Encyclopedia of EQ?"

"...I just said what I really felt." He paused, and then said solemnly, "That painting is my gift to you."

Yang Wei's eyebrow leapt up. "...Isn't it a bit too ugly to be a gift?"

"But you recognized it as you, didn't you?"

Yang Wei: "..."

"That's because you painted it while looking at my photo!" Yang Wei's tone once again became testy, ruthlessly suppressing the urge to drag Qi Xiao Yan out from the other end of the phone. She hung up and stared at the homework Li Gou Dan had handed in.