Chapter 22

Darting a quick glance down toward at his jeans and white t-shirt, Fang Cheng Ran bolted into the front office at the speed of light.

Inside, Director Huang looked up from his work in astonishment. "Young Master Fang, what can I do for you?"

"Shh! Keep it down!" Fang Cheng Ran gestured to him. Ever so gently, he cracked open the door and peeked into the hall.

Outside, Yang Wei and Sheng Lei walked down the stairs. Sheng Lei was laughing, "You're seriously made to be a teacher! You can't help but teach even in your private life!"

Cheeks red, Yang Wei raised her hands to fan herself. "Ugh-- I've been holding back so long in school, I just let myself go." What a pity she hadn't managed to have enough lunch.

"You've got it hard." Sheng Lei grinned, then whispered, "Are you agitated right now because of Qi Xiao Yan?"

"No!"

"No? Then why did you cut your hair all of a sudden?"

Yang Wei looked at her oddly. "O Great Lawyer Sheng, do you care more about a cheating bastard, or whether I cut my hair?"1

"Alright, alright." Sheng Lei held up her hands in surrender. "But I know you're still in love with that guy."

Yang Wei raised a brow, but did not answer. Her friend eyed her. "Honestly, after having seen so many assholes in my career, I feel like Qi Xiao Yan isn't actually all that bad. Have you ever thought about remarrying him?”

Yang Wei snorted. “Would you take that case?”

Sheng Lei spread her hands. “Well, I'm just asking. ”

The two made their way into the lobby. Fishing out her car keys, Sheng Lei told her, "Why don't you hang out here for a bit and wait for me while I fetch the car? We can go somewhere else and keep eating."

"Sounds good," Yang Wei nodded, seating herself on a sofa. Ever so gently, Fang Cheng Ran closed the door and frowned, deep in thought.

Ever since that kiss, he had not contacted Yang Wei again. Now, here, right in front of him, was an opportunity to resolve the issue. He couldn't just sit there and waste it.

Raising his head, he caught sight of Director Huang tapping away behind the computer.

Every hair on Director Huang’s skin stood erect, and he unconsciously shrank into his seat. “What... what is it?”

Fang Cheng Ran suddenly smiled at him in a very charming manner, leaning forward slightly with his hands on the table. "Would you take off your clothes?"

Director Huang: "..."

He could imagine the mythical scene of the waters of the Yellow River flowing out from Heaven, but never in his wildest dreams had he ever entertained the thought that young, wealthy, bachelor Fang actually... liked men!

He hugged his arms to his chest nervously and asked timidly, "What... what are you going to do?"

"I'm going to have you take off your clothes." A smile on his face, Fang Cheng Ran stepped closer ever so slowly. The pressure drove Director Huang to the brink of collapse. He peeled off his suit jacket and handed it over.