Chapter 34

On Tuesday, Yang Wei received a call from the police station. The robber had been caught, and she was requested to come and claim her lost property. She went straight to the police station after work, but her wallet and phone had already been sold, and only a few thousand yuan could be recovered.

However, she was already pleased with the outcome. After signing her name, she took the bus back home, and knowing that she was carrying a few thousand on her, followed Jian Shuang's teachings faithfully by keeping her bag in front of her the whole way.

When she got home, she found Qi Xiao Yan's car parked downstairs. Raising a brow, she entered to find him messing around on the balcony.

She threw her bag on the sofa and approached. "What are you up to?"

Hearing her voice, he turned, his hands stained with dirt. "You're back late."

"I went to the police station. They caught the robber and wanted me to come pick up my money."

Hearing about it made him recall the feeling of powerlessness. Approaching her, he asked, "What did you get back?"

"Only cash, but that's not bad."

Qi Xiao Yan nodded. Yang Wei craned her neck to look behind him. "What are you doing on the balcony? What's with all the soil on your hands?"

"Didn't you say you wanted flowers? I brought you some flowers."

"Huh?" Yang Wei bypassed him and went straight to the balcony. There was indeed a long rectangular planter on the balcony, in which were planted a number of budding rose plants. Dangling from hooks set on the iron railing hung several pots, the flowers within also just setting bud. She examined them and recognized cosmos, lewisia, and double petunia.1

"I bought flowers just about to bloom because I was afraid you'd kill them. I thought about buying blue roses at first, but I was afraid you'd kill those too, so I got red and pink instead."

Yang Wei: "..."

She was capable of feeding herself, what was with this lack of faith in her ability to feed a few flowers?!

A closer look at the balcony showed that Qi Xiao Yan had not only bought plants, but also a watering can, a trowel, and fertilizer.

She looked up at Qi Xiao Yan with a smile. "So your way of giving me flowers is by giving them to me to take care of?"

"Doesn't it make more sense? You can just water them every morning before leaving. Don't add too much fertilizer. There are instructions on the bag."

Yang Wei stared at him in silence for a moment, then sighed. "Weren't there any, you know... bouquets?"

"Yes, but I feel like flowers you raise yourself are more meaningful."

Yang Wei: "..."

But I just want to receive a beautiful bouquet! I'm just that superficial!

Qi Xiao Yan paused. "Are you unhappy with them?"

"Not at all. I'll water them every day. I'll go cook, you..."