Chapter 39

Qi Xiao Yan had said that he would pick her up at ten o'clock. Yang Wei’s alarm clock rang at nine o'clock, right on time.

As she sat up on the bed, she felt a wave of nausea and discomfort rising up from her stomach. Rushing to the bathroom, she retched for a while, yet nothing came out. Rinsing out her mouth with clear water, Yang Wei observed her flushed cheeks in the mirror and frowned.

It couldn't be that she really was pregnant? How could the quality of Professor Qi's sons have been so good as to have won the grand prize in one night?!

As she washed her face, she thought about whether she should buy a pregnancy test. But she had spent yesterday eating irregularly. Could it just be a stomach upset? Yet her period hadn't arrived...

Yang Wei felt like she was going crazy.

She propped her hands on the sink and looked at herself in the mirror for a while, hesitating. Finally, she decided that she would observe for one more day. If tomorrow, her stomach was still upset, she would buy a pregnancy test stick.

She had never even won five dollars from the lottery. Being lucky enough to win big prizes couldn't possibly be that easy, surely. Ahahaha.

Leaving the bathroom, she lay back down for a little while before beginning to rummage through the wardrobe. Strictly speaking, today was her first date with Qi Xiao Yan, and she should dress up a little.

She wasn't satisfied even after trying on a few sets of clothes. As she was still meditating over her wardrobe, the phone next to the pillow rang. Yang Wei picked it up. Surely he wouldn't come so early? It was only half past nine.

When she answered, Qi Xiao Yan's voice sounded from the receiver. "I'm already downstairs."

"Isn't it only half past nine?" Yang Wei said in shock. "I just got up! Hang on a minute."

She hung up and hurriedly pulled out a navy blue tube dress from the closet. It had semi-permeable puff sleeves to add a touch of cuteness and sexiness to the simple style.

Having put it on, Yang Wei felt quite satisfied. Picking up the cosmetic bag on the table, she walked to the mirror and skillfully applied foundation, eyeliner and lipstick. After adding mascara, she adjusted her hair, picked up her bag from the sofa, and left.

Qi Xiao Yan was wearing a black suit that day, a standard three-piece suit with a dark blue tie. His hand was in his trouser pockets, and as his eyes fell on her, there were only a few types of words left in Yang Wei’s head – Off the charts!! Too cute! So handsome!

When he saw her, Qi Xiao Yan opened the door for her and handed her a cup of warm, freshly ground soy milk. Taking the paper cup, Yang Wei glanced at him, "Did you just buy this?"

"Well, you didn't have breakfast." He handed her a custard bun, knowing that she liked the kind from this store the best.

Yang Wei took her breakfast and ate it without ceremony. "I see you got a beef bun too."

"The lady at the store gave it to me. She said that they were having a buy one get one free special today."

Yang Wei: "... "

To buy a cheap custard bun and get a beef bun for free... did you actually believe that?!

Taking a few bites, she asked, "Where are we headed?"