Chapter 25

Mother Yang was a worldly woman and not at all intimidated by a little Maserati. "How handsome?"

"Comparable to ex-brother-in-law, but personally, I feel like ex-brother-in-law has more of the charm of a mature man."

Mother Yang called his phone directly upon hearing that. "He's a veteran if he's using a Maserati to chase girls! How dare you leave your sister alone! Secretly sneak along behind them!"

Yang Ming dug a finger into his ear. "How am I supposed to follow them?"

"Don't you usually take the bus?”

“Do you mean to have me chase a Maserati by bus?”

...

Mother Yang was silent for a moment before asking, “Ming Ming, do you happen to have enough money for a taxi?"

Yang Ming poked his head out to look. "No need for chasing. They're gone."

Fang Cheng Ran had booked the movie tickets for three o'clock that afternoon. As they had arrived relatively early, the two first took a shopping stroll around the mall below.

"That's right, why did you end up booking a hotel room back then?" Yang Wei suddenly remembered and asked. Fang Cheng Ran replied quite calmly, "Our chairman has very strict requirements for employees. He lets us stay in the hotel for a night to know the room layout and equipment. That way, if a guest ever asks 'Where is the remote control?' or 'Where is the hair dryer?', we are able to answer in a timely and accurate manner."

Yang Wei bought it. "Oh, I see, so that's how it is."

Fang Cheng Ran grinned and walked into a clothing store with her. This store sold clothes in the Japanese commuting style1, and Yang Wei often came here.

Recognizing her as a regular customer, the salesperson greeted her with great enthusiasm. But before she could open her mouth, she caught sight of Fang Cheng Ran trailing behind. The salesperson paused a moment in surprise, then turned back to Yang Wei with a smile. "Mrs. Qi, what can I do for you?"

Fang Cheng Ran gave her an unfathomable look. Meanwhile, the salesperson kept up a professional smile.

Yang Wei walked about the store, picked up a knee-length A-line skirt, and held it in front of herself. "Does this come in any other colour?"

"It does." The salesperson picked out a black version and handed it to her, then asked, "Did Mr. Qi not accompany you today?"

Yang Wei's hands halted, and she gave them a little smile. "I'm afraid that Mr. Qi has been upgraded to the status of ex-husband."

The smile on the salesperson's face took on a distinctly awkward tilt. Handing her the skirt, Yang Wei requested, “Please wrap it up for me.”

Quickly returning to herself, the salesperson asked, “Would you like to try it on first?”

“No, thanks.” Yang Wei headed to the checkout counter to pay the bill. Before she could take her purse out, however, Fang Cheng Ran pulled out his bank card. The cashier hesitated. Yang Wei took out her own card and handed it over, "Use mine."

Fang Cheng Ran glanced over, an eyebrow raised. He was still standing in front of the cash register, card in hand. The cashier and salesperson exchanged glances, then the former took the card in Yang Wei's hand with a smile. "Thank you for coming."