Chapter 18 - Ex-Husband

Yang Wei took in a deep breath of fresh air. Thinking back upon her actions of the past few days, she felt faintly ridiculous.

Upon returning to the school, she proceeded to Class 2 of the fifth grade and peered in. He Can sat inside alone, intent on her math test. Having given her next move a little thought, Yang Wei walked over to the front row and sat down next to her.

Hearing her entrance, He Can looked up in surprise. "Teacher Yang," she greeted.

Smiling at her, Yang Wei looked over the math papers on her desk. "Even though studying hard is great, taking care of yourself is also important. You shouldn't neglect PE class; only with both work and rest can you get twice the result for half your efforts."

Biting her lower lip, He Can stared at the pencil in her hand. "Entrance examinations for No. 2 Middle School start next month. It's the very last one.”

A few well-known schools in A City organized their own entrance examinations, and would refuse any student who failed. Reaching out her hand to the little girl in front of her, Yang Wei brushed her bangs to one side. "But you're still only in fifth grade, He Can. You needn't worry about that yet."

He Can lowered her head even more. "I failed the exams for No. 1 and No. 7 Middle School by just a little bit. My mom was so disappointed."

Although she couldn't see her face, Yang Wei knew that tears must surely be filling her eyes.

She stroked He Can's head comfortingly. "Talk to your mother - she'll understand."

He Can was silent a moment, then with tears in her voice, said, "My mom will just ask how many practice tests I took and how many points I got..."

Yang Wei watched her tears pattering onto the math test full of scribbles. The dark gray writing slowly blurred into an unrecognizable smudge.

Reaching into her pocket, she realized that all her tissues had already been used up by Lin Shi and Zhang Jingyi, so she raised her hand and wiped away He Can's tears with her fingers. "Then next time, ask her what prizes she won in this year's year-end awards."

Through her tears, He Can broke into laughter. Patting her head one last time, Yang Wei stood up from her seat. "Don't forget to attend roll call later. Remember, sports is also worth doing well in."

He Can nodded as she wiped away her tears. "Yes, Teacher Yang."

Yang Wei nodded before walking back to her office. After work, she went straight home. She had to teach an illustration class that night, and because it was the first official class, she had made thorough preparations. According to the syllabus, the first lesson should be on the structure of a head. Wait for Three More Minutes' request for a portrait came to mind, and she decided to use it as her example for the lecture, killing two birds with one stone.

At 7:30 sharp, Yang Wei entered her online classroom, seeing 21 students at the bottom of the screen. It was no longer winter or summer vacation, so she was quite satisfied with the number. "Hello everyone, I'm your teacher for this session, Flower Buns. A warm welcome to everyone here to participate in my painting lesson~"

Hearing her greeting, the dialog box below leaped with responses in every colour.

Future Mr. Perfect: Hello Teacher Flower Buns! ~ \ (^o^) / ~